- "You done good. You got all the leaves!"
- —Mater, watching him
Zen Master is a character in Cars 2.
A master in the art of sculpting the serene zen rock garden at the Tokyo museum, Zen Master wears his old woven reed hat and uses his antique wood rake to create mesmerizing patterns in the garden’s sand.
When Team McQueen were at the party in Tokyo in the movie, he was seen making shapes in the sand. But when Mater saw him, he thought he was raking some leaves. Later in the movie, that scene was in Mater's nightmare.
- Zen Master is stated to be modeled as a Piaggio Ape. He is also modeled after a Daihatsu Midget.
- On Zen Master's tires reads "Samuride - Traction A Temperature A - P215 65R15 89H". The two last inscriptions are recurrent on the tires of many characters. Samuride, whose name is a play on "Samurai", is a brand seen on advertisements in Tokyo.
- The early die-cast version of Zen Master has some errors. First, his beard is missing, which gives him a younger look. And second, he is called Zen Master Pitty instead. However, his beard was included in his later die-casts.
- He has a part on the side of his body to hold his rake.