Trivia for Toy Story 4.
- Toy Story 4 will be the second Pixar film to be released on June 21st, after Monsters University.
- This film will mark Bo Peep's return to the Toy Story franchise, since being at least omitted from the main storyline of Toy Story 3.
- Don Rickles, Mr. Potato Head's voice actor, passed away on April 6, 2017 before he can record any lines for the film. It's unknown if Mr. Potato Head will be written out of the film's story and reduced to a silent cameo or will have a new voice actor, like how Blake Clark replaced Jim Varney as Slinky Dog in Toy Story 3.
- According to John Lasseter, the film's story treatment has been in works since 2012, the year in which Brave was released.
- John Lasseter was set to direct the fourth Toy Story film for a third time; after directing Toy Story and Toy Story 2, Lasseter left the direction of Toy Story 3 to Lee Unkrich while he directed Cars 2. However, Lasseter had stepped down as director due to having a busy schedule, leaving Josh Cooley as the film's sole director.