Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|<<||The Incredibles 2||Pixar Films Chronology|
|Directed by||John Lasseter
Josh Cooley (co-director)
|Produced by||Galyn Susman|
|Story by||John Lasseter|
|Screenplay by||Rashida Jones
|Music by||Randy Newman|
|Release date||June 21, 2019|
Lasseter said regarding this film:
|“||We love these characters so much; they are like family to us. We don't want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what's gone before. Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz's story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself.||”|
The film is described as a "new chapter in the lives of Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and the Toy Story gang." Lasseter has stated the film is a love story between Woody and Bo Peep, and picks up where Toy Story 3 left.
|“||We are creating a great story. It is not a continuation of the end of Toy Story 3. It starts as one, but it will be a love story. It will be a romantic comedy. There will not be so much focus on the interaction between the characters and children. [...] The third film was a beautiful way to complete a trilogy. I don't think this film is part of this trilogy. It is a separate story, but I don't know if it will have a continuation. We don't start a project with that in mind.||”|
Lasseter himself reiterated this point at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival, saying: "I am very excited to be directing again. We’re in the early stages of the film, but it’s shaping up nicely. It’s funny. The story is not as much a continuation of the past films, but a brand new chapter in the Toy Story world."
The Los Angeles Times stated Lasseter and Stanton have worked on writing a treatment since 2012. According to Variety, Lasseter kept work on the sequel a secret, even from the studio presidents Jim Morris and Ed Catmull, until Stanton had finished a treatment.
In November 2015, Tom Hanks indicated that he was in the process of recording his lines as Woody. Don Rickles, who voices Mr. Potato Head, has confirmed that he will return for the sequel. Kristen Schaal has confirmed she will return as Trixie. Laurie Metcalf, the voice of Ms. Davis, has indicated that she will return as well.
- Toy Story 4 was originally to be released the year John Lasseter will turn 60. However, it will now be released to mark the 20th anniversary of Toy Story 2.
- ↑ Toy Story 4: Randy Newman to Score Sequel
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Disney Announces Release Dates for 'Incredibles 2,' 'Cars 3'
- ↑ Toy Story Four A Go". blog.bcdb.com, November 7, 2014
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Pixar to make 'Toy Story 4': Why Lasseter is returning to direct. www.latimes.com, November 6, 2014
- ↑ 10 Animators to Watch. www.variety.com, March 10, 2015
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Toy Story 4 Announced! Your Favorite Toys are Returning to the Big Screen. d23.com, November 6, 2014
- ↑ Behind the Scenes of Disney's D23 Expo With John Lasseter
- ↑ Jim Morris Revela Los Secretos De Pixar (Spanish)
- ↑ Toy Story 4 Will Be a "Romantic Comedy" and a "Separate Story" From Original Trilogy
- ↑ Is Toy Story 4 Going To Feature Woody Or Buzz Lightyear?
- ↑ John Lasseter on ‘Finding Dory,’ ‘The Good Dinosaur’ and Disney/Pixar Slate
- ↑ Creative Impact Animation Honoree John Lasseter Grooms Top Directors
- ↑ Tom Hanks Reveals Secrets Of Toy Story 4 - The Graham Norton Show
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: Don Rickles Signs on for 'Toy Story 4'!
- ↑ Toy Story 4 Is Definitely Bringing Back At Least One Fan Favorite
- ↑ Andy's Mom to Return in 'Toy Story 4'