|<<||Incredibles 2||Pixar Films Chronology||Onward||>>|
Toy Story 4 is an upcoming Pixar film. It will be the third sequel to Pixar's first feature Toy Story. The film will be released in theaters on June 21, 2019." The film was officially announced by Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger during a meeting for investors on November 6, 2014, with an original release date of June 16, 2017, before later being pushed to 2018 after Cars 3 took its place. It was later pushed again after Incredibles 2 switched release dates. While originally set to be directed by John Lasseter and produced by Galyn Susman, it is now being directed by Josh Cooley and produced by Jonas Rivera.
Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that is Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called "Forky" to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy. Along the way Woody is reunited with an unexpected old friend.
- Tom Hanks: Woody
- Tim Allen: Buzz Lightyear
- Joan Cusack: Jessie
- TBD: Mr. Potato Head
- Estelle Harris: Mrs. Potato Head
- Wallace Shawn: Rex
- John Ratzenberger: Hamm
- Blake Clark: Slinky Dog
- Jeff Pidgeon: Aliens
- Tony Hale: Forky
- TBD: Bonnie Anderson
- Keegan-Michael Key: Ducky
- Jordan Peele: Bunny
- Keanu Reeves: TBD
|“||We love these characters so much; they are like family to us. We don't want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what's gone before. Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz's story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie—and I wanted to direct it myself.||”|
The film is described as a "new chapter in the lives of Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and the Toy Story gang." Lasseter has stated the film is a love story between Woody and Bo Peep, and picks up where Toy Story 3 left.
|“||We are creating a great story. It is not a continuation of the end of Toy Story 3. It starts as one, but it will be a love story. It will be a romantic comedy. There will not be so much focus on the interaction between the characters and children. [...] The third film was a beautiful way to complete a trilogy. I don't think this film is part of this trilogy. It is a separate story, but I don't know if it will have a continuation. We don't start a project with that in mind.||”|
Lasseter himself reiterated this point at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival, saying: "I am very excited to be directing again. We're in the early stages of the film, but it's shaping up nicely. It's funny. The story is not as much a continuation of the past films, but a brand new chapter in the Toy Story world."
The Los Angeles Times stated Lasseter and Stanton have worked on writing a treatment since 2012. According to Variety, Lasseter kept work on the sequel a secret, even from the studio presidents Jim Morris and Ed Catmull, until Stanton had finished a treatment.
The script was going to be written by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack; however, they later left the project because of "philosophical differences" with Pixar. On January 18, 2018, it was announced that Stephany Folsom would write the script for the film.
In November 2015, Tom Hanks indicated he was in the process of recording his lines as Woody. Don Rickles had confirmed that he would return as Mr. Potato Head for the sequel, but passed away due to kidney failure on April 6, 2017, and was unable to record dialogue for the film as the script was still being written around the time of his death.. It is uncertain how this will affect Mr. Potato Head's role in the film.
On November 12, 2018 Disney & Pixar released the first teaser for the film.
On November 13, 2018 Disney & Pixar released their 2nd teaser trailer for the film.
- ↑ Toy Story 4: Randy Newman to Score Sequel
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Disney Announces Release Dates for 'Incredibles 2,' 'Cars 3'
- ↑ Toy Story Four A Go". blog.bcdb.com, November 7, 2014
- ↑ Pixar Threw Out 75% Of ‘Toy Story 4’ Script And Rewrote The Film, Cartoon Brew, Amid Amidi, June 4, 2018.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Pixar to make 'Toy Story 4': Why Lasseter is returning to direct. www.latimes.com, November 6, 2014
- ↑ 10 Animators to Watch. www.variety.com, March 10, 2015
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 Toy Story 4 Teaser Trailer, Synopsis & Poster Introduce 'Forky', November 12, 2018.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Toy Story 4’s latest teaser is a ‘trailer reaction’ video starring Key and Peele, November 13, 2018.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Toy Story 4 Announced! Your Favorite Toys are Returning to the Big Screen. d23.com, November 6, 2014
- ↑ Behind the Scenes of Disney's D23 Expo With John Lasseter
- ↑ Jim Morris Revela Los Secretos De Pixar (Spanish)
- ↑ Toy Story 4 Will Be a "Romantic Comedy" and a "Separate Story" From Original Trilogy
- ↑ Is Toy Story 4 Going To Feature Woody Or Buzz Lightyear?
- ↑ John Lasseter on 'Finding Dory,' 'The Good Dinosaur' and Disney/Pixar Slate
- ↑ Creative Impact Animation Honoree John Lasseter Grooms Top Directors
- ↑ http://variety.com/2017/film/news/rashida-jones-john-lasseter-toy-story-4-1202621286/
- ↑ https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/toy-story-4-finds-writer-1075806
- ↑ Tom Hanks Reveals Secrets Of Toy Story 4 - The Graham Norton Show
- ↑ Master of the insult: Comedian Don Rickles dies at 90
- ↑ Don Rickles Had Not Recorded His Role in 'Toy Story 4'