|Developed by:|| Avalanche Software (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PC)|
Asobo Studios (PS2, PSP)
Disney Interactive Studios (iOS)
|Published by:||Disney Interactive Studios|
|Platforms:||PC, Nintendo DS, iOS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Wii, Xbox 360|
|Release date:|| June 15, 2010 (North America)|
June 17, 2010 (Australia)
July 8, 2010 (Japan)
July 16, 2010 (Europe)
October 31, 2010 (PS2 in Europe)
November 2, 2010 (PS2 in North America)
Woody, Jessie and Buzz are playable characters in this game, and each has a special ability. Woody can use his pull string to swing across some areas. Buzz can throw characters across long distances, and Jessie is the most agile and can land on certain small spaces. Some levels require the players to switch between characters during the level in order to clear it. Story mode consists of several levels and follows the events of the story.
Wii, Xbox 360, PC and PS3 Modes
|#||Title||Location||Objective||Playable Character(s)||Other Characters||Boss|
|1||Loco Motives||Wild West||Help Woody and Jessie save the orpahs.||Woody, Jessie||Buzz Lightyear, Bullseye, Aliens, Hamm (as Dr. Porkchop)||None|
|2||Hold The Phone||Andy's House||
Help Woody, Buzz and Jessie find Andy's Cell phone.
|Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie|
|3||To Infinity and Beyond!||Buzz Lightyear: Attack on Zurg||Help Buzz find Emperor Zurg.||Buzz Lightyear||
|4||Fair Play||The Butterfly Room at Sunnyside Daycare||Help Woody, Buzz and Jessie complete the carnvial Games.||Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie||None|
|5||Which Way Out?||Bonnie's House||Help Woody survive playtime at Bonnie's House||Woody||Dolly (as The Scary Witch)|
|6||Hide and Sneak||The Caterpillar Room at Sunnnyside Daycare||Help Woody rescue his friends from Lotso.||Woody, Jessie||Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog, Buzz Lightyear (On Demo Mode)*|
|7||Trash Thrash||The Tri-County Landfill||Help Woody, Buzz and Jessie save their friends from the shredder.||Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie||Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog, Aliens|
|8||Muffin To Fear||Ghost Town||Help Buzz destory Dolly's evil muffins.||Woody, Buzz Lightyear||Hamm (as Dr. Porkchop), Dolly (as The Scary Witch)||Dolly (as The Scary Witch)|
|* Xbox 360 and PS3 versions only|
|#||Title||Location||Objective||Playable Character(s)||Other Characters|
|1||Operation Phone Call||Andy's Room||Help Woody, Buzz and the gang find Andy's Cell phone.||Woody, Buzz Lightyear||Rex, Hamm, Alien|
|2||Garbage Day||Help Woody save his friends from the crub.||
Buzz Lightyear,Rex, Hamm, Alien, Jessie (Magent)
|3||Woody's Escape||Sunnyside Daycare||Help Woody get out of Sunnyside||
Buzz Lightyear,Rex, Hamm, Alien, Lots-O- Hugging Bear
|4||Rough Play||Help Buzz save his friends from playtime||Buzz Lightyear||Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog, Aliens,|
|5||Bonnie's House||Help Woody explore Bonnie's house||
|Mr. Pricklepants, Chuckles, Buttercup|
|6||Buzz's Mission||Sunnyside Daycare||Help Buzz find Lotso||Buzz Lightyear||Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog, Alien, Stretch, Big Baby, Lots-O- Hugging Bear|
|7||Woody's Return||Help Woody rescue his friends from Lotso.||Woody||Buzz Lightyear, Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog, Alien|
|8||The Tri-Country Landfill||Help Woody rescue his friends from the dump.||Woody, Buzz Lightyear||Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog, Aliens, Lots-O- Hugging Bear|
PSP and PS2 Modes
(or Playable Characters)
|1||Western Playtime||Wild West||Help Woody save the trian||Woody||Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullseye|
Operation: Phone Call
|Andy's House||Help Sarge and his troops find Andy's cellphone||Sarge and his troops||Ms. Davis|
|3||Keep Cool!||Help Buzz find his friends||Buzz Lightyear||Jessie, Bullseye, Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog, Aliens|
|4||Family Minded||Help Woody find his friends||Woody||Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullseye, Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog, Aliens, Ms. Davis|
|5||Trouble in the Caterpillar Room||Sunnyside Daycare||Help Buzz save his friends from playtime||Buzz Lightyear||Jessie, Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog, Aliens|
|6||Goodbye Woody||Help Woody get out of Sunnyside||Woody||None|
|7||Strawberry Smells||Help Buzz find Lotso||Buzz Lightyear||Lotso Hugging Bear, Big Baby, Twitch|
|8||Bonnie's House||Help Woody explore Bonnie's house||Woody||Buttercup, Trixie|
Eye in The Sky
|Sunnyside Daycare||Help Woody and Slinky Take out the Cameras||Slinky Dog|
|10||Rodeo Rescue!||Help Jessie Free Her Friends||Jessie||Buzz Lightyear, Bullseye, Rex, Hamm, Aliens|
|11||City Dump Conveyor belt||Tri-County Landfill||Help Buzz rescue his friends from the shredder||Buzz Lightyear||
Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog
|Help The Aliens save their friends with the claw||Aliens||
Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Bullseye, Rex, Hamm, Slinky Dog
|13||Back Home||Road||Help Buzz get back to his friends||Buzz Lightyear||
Woody, Jessie, Rex
Toy Box Mode
Toy Box mode is an open-world collection of gameplay opportunities where the player runs around and completes missions, plays minigames, or just meanders around and creates his own fun. Every mission once successfully complete awards a certain amount of gold. Players then use the gold to buy new buildings and building customizations and clothing for the inhabitants of the town, such as a haunted house that releases ghosts upon the world that must then be taken care of, or a bearded farmer whose lost cows the player has to rescue. The buildings can be customized and placed wherever the player wants, giving the town a personal touch. That extends right on down to the type of people who live in the town.
An exclusive version of the game for Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 was sold at Walmart that included four additional Theme Packs for Toy Box Mode. The Theme Packs included Sports, Knights, Cutesy, and Military. Players can use the Theme Packs to decorate buildings and dress townspeople and aliens in different ways after spending 500 coins on each pack in the Al's Toy Barn area of the game. The Walmart exclusive version also features a reflective foil background on the front of the case, rather than the standard black.
Differences from Film
- In the train rescue scene, Jessie was the first to ride Bullseye, not Woody.
- One-Eyed Bart and One-Eyed Betty do not appear in the video game, possibly due to copyright issues with Hasbro.
- Buzz Lightyear didn't save the orphans by Woody tossing them to him.
- Evil Dr. Porkchop was not introduced until Rex came along.
- Woody, Buzz and Jessie did not go to the basement to get the cordless phone.
- There were 4 of Sarge's soldiers instead of 2.
- The toys never played the Buzz Lightyear video game.
- Lotso did not give a carnival for the toys.
- The scenarios Bonnie played with her toys were not actually seen, but in the video game there are two levels based on her scenarios.
- Woody does not lose his hat in the video game.
- Chatter Telephone was not anonymous.
- Woody did not rescue the toys, they broke out.
- The toys did not go on a voyage during the garbage dump scene.
Exclusive Features for the PS3
You can play as Zurg and he has his own unique missions. He is also able to drive around in his custom vehicle. There were also some downloadable minigames released in fall 2010 for the PlayStation version.
- Older characters like Wheezy, Bo Peep, and Stinky Pete make appearances in the game.
- Hand-in-the-Box makes a cameo in the haunted house, as well as Toy Box mode if you make buildings look scary.
- During the first time playing through the haunted house (after clearing the 1st room) the song Grim Grinning Ghosts from the Disney attraction The Haunted Mansion can be heard. It plays in a continuous loop until the last room is cleared. Afterwards, the song cannot be heard again.
- On level 12 in the PSP Version of the game, you can play as the Aliens.
- Mr. Potato Head and Mrs. Potato Head do not appear in the game. This could probably be for reasons to do with Playskool since Mr. Potato Head didn't always appear in certain Toy Story games.
- In level 2, if you go over to Andy's book shelf, you will see the book of the short Tin Toy and other shorts.
- Magic 8-Ball is seen on a shelf in the game.
- The Luxo Ball is used as an objective and ammunition to throw at targets (also with the star and stripe pattern).
- During the Buzz Lightyear video game, when the player reaches some booby traps that block the path, there is a secret passage: "To the left hidden in the shadows."
- Rex in Toy Box Mode, Bo Peep, Wheezy, and Bad Buzz are absent in the PC version. They are also absent in the Wii version (except Rex in Toy Box Mode).