|Appeared in:||Cars 2|
Tony Trihull (credited as "Combat Ship") is a character in Cars 2.
Tony is one of the heavily-equipped combat ships who works for Professor Z. He serves as a guard and transportation for the Professor and the lemons. He is first seen in the beginning of the film, where he confronts Crabby, who has Finn McMissile aboard him, and tells him to turn around. Crabby refuses, but Tony threatens him by pointing his laser weapon at him, which forces Crabby to leave. Without Tony knowing, Finn McMissile hitches a ride on him where Tony arrives at the oil rigs. He is later seen towards the end in London, when Professor Z is trying to escape, yelling for the Professor to hurry and get aboard him. Finn McMissile stops the Professor, which forces Tony to use a magnetic device pulling the Professor to him. McMissile then shoots out several mini-bombs out of his wheels which cling on to Tony's magnet, resulting in a huge explosion resulting in Tony's ultimate demise.
Weaponry and Gadgets
- Magnet: Attached to a cable, this magnet helps Tony attract any metallic object.
- Independent shooter: Located at Tony's sides, these guns are controlled independently by a car in the cabin.
- Missile Launcher: Located at Tony's front, these missiles are for standard situations. It comes with a laser guidance system.
- Torpedo Launcher: Located at Tony's sides, these torpedoes are more deadly and are used at desperate times.
- Tony is modeled after the USS Independence (LCS-2), a trimaran Littoral Combat Ship in service with the U.S. Navy. It is reflected in his hull number (02) and last name "Tri-Hull".
- When he exploded, the explosion was big enough to kill Finn McMissile and Professor Z; however, in the following scenes, they are shown unharmed.
- Tony Trihull somewhat resembles a shark in appearance, with his grayish texture, pointy nose, gill-shaped side vents, and his shape of teeth.
- Tony Trihull: "What are you doing out here?!"
Crabby: "What does it look like, genius? I'm crabbin'!"
Tony Trihull: "Well turn around... and go back where you came from!"
Crabby: "Yeah? And who's gonna make me?"
(Tony deploys his gun)
Crabby: "All right! All right! Don't get your prop in a twist!"
- —Tony forces Crabby to turn around.
- Acer: He's getting away!"
Tony Trihull: "Not for long!"
- —Acer and Tony, when Finn was escaping.
- "Hurry, Professor!"
- —Tony's last words, when Professor Z was being chased by Finn McMissile in London.