|<<||Coco||Pixar Films Chronology||Toy Story 4||>>|
|Directed by||Brad Bird|
|Written by||Brad Bird|
|Music by||Michael Giacchino|
|Release date||June 15, 2018|
On March 18, 2014, Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that Pixar had begun pre-production on The Incredibles 2 with The Incredibles director Brad Bird working on the story. Later that month, Samuel L. Jackson told Digital Spy that he would likely reprise his role as Frozone in the sequel.
Bird announced in April 2015 that he has started writing the screenplay, and confirmed in May that he will be making it after releasing Tomorrowland. He has also added that it will not have a big focus on the superhero genre, saying, "I don't think that kind of idea stays interesting for very long... For me, the interesting thing was never the superhero part of it. It was more the family dynamic, and how do superhero things play into that?"
As of July, 2016, it is the last sequel Pixar has on its production slate. Post-Incredibles 2 films will be original projects.
- ↑ 8 Pixarians to Follow on Twitter, Oh My Disney Blog, February 22, 2016.
- ↑ Disney Announces Release Dates for 'Incredibles 2,' 'Cars 3'
- ↑ Breaking: Toy Story 4 and The Incredibles 2 Get New Release Dates!
- ↑ Disney Plans Third 'Cars,' 'The Incredibles 2'
- ↑ Cars, Incredibles Animated Sequels
- ↑ Samuel L Jackson teases Frozone return for The Incredibles 2
- ↑ Pixar's Brad Bird Talks French Food, Animated Rats And New Film 'Tomorrowland'
- ↑ The Incredibles 2 Is Brad Bird's Next Movie; Talks Star Wars Franchise
- ↑ Why The Incredibles 2 Won't Comment On Modern Superhero Movies
- ↑ Yep. You can't do better than a perfect fit...!, Brad Bird reply via Twitter, October 29, 2015.
- ↑ Pixar: No sequels for Ratatouille, WALL-E, or Inside Out anytime soon