Cameos, in-jokes, re-used animation and other trivia from The Good Dinosaur.
- Peter Sohn has indicated that the Pizza Planet Truck appears twice in the film. Only one appearance is currently known:
- The Pizza Planet Truck makes an appearance as an asteroid in the opening shot, floating in the top left part of the frame.
- The likeness of Hank from the next feature Finding Dory can be seen at the bottom of the river when Arlo learns to swim.
- A113 can be seen formed by pickets on the wooden fence surrounding the area of the "cluckers" on Arlo's family's farm.
- The Luxo Ball appears floating around Arlo and Spot during their hallucination.
- Also in the hallucination scene, the likeliness of Gus from Partly Cloudy appears as one of the background clouds.
- There are several allusions to other non-Pixar movies:
- The monster in the flashback resembles the shark in Partly Cloudy which the director of The Good Dinosaur, Peter Sohn directed
- According to the directors' commentary, the forces of nature are the main antagonist in this movie.
- The name of Butch may be a reference to the fact that his voice actor, Sam Elliott, had his movie debut in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
- The Good Dinosaur has become Pixar's lowest grossing film at a little over $300 million.
- This is the third Pixar film to have credits in background landscape in the land or areas, followed by A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo and Finding Dory.
- The Good Dinosaur is the second Pixar film to be release date on November 25th, after A Bug's Life.