Cameos, in-jokes, re-used animation and other trivia from The Good Dinosaur.
- Peter Sohn has indicated that the Pizza Planet Truck appears twice in the film. However, only one appearance is currently known:
- The Pizza Planet Truck makes an appearance as an asteroid in the opening shot, floating in the top left part of the frame.
- The likeness of Hank from the next feature Finding Dory can be seen at the bottom of the river when Arlo learns to swim.
- A113 can be seen formed by pickets on the wooden fence surrounding the area of the "cluckers" on Arlo's family's farm.
- The Luxo Ball appears floating around Arlo and Spot during their hallucination.
- Also in the hallucination scene, the likeliness of Gus from Partly Cloudy appears as one of the background clouds.
- There are several allusions to other non-Pixar movies:
- The monster in the flashback resembles the shark in Partly Cloudy which the director of The Good Dinosaur, Peter Sohn directed
- It is the first, and (so far) only Pixar film to fail at the box office.
- It is the second Pixar film to be released on November 25th, after A Bug's Life.
- Along with Inside Out, it marks the first time that Pixar had released two feature films in the same year.
- According to the directors' commentary, the forces of nature are the main antagonist(s) in this movie.
- It is the first Pixar film since The Incredibles to be released in November and then two years later, Coco.