- For other uses, see Tex (THX)
|Performer:||H. A. Wheeler|
|Appeared in:|| Cars|
- Tex Dinoco: "Oh-ee! That was one close finish. You sure made Dinoco proud. Thank you, King."
The King: "Well, Tex, you've been good to me all these years. It's the least I could do."
- —The King and Tex
Tex Dinoco is a character in Cars.
"Tex has been Dinoco's team owner and talent scout for over 20 years. Sure, he's a smooth-talker from the Lone Star State, but he's also a genuine guy with a big heart. He knows it takes more than flash and big talk to win -- it takes loyalty, smarts and a lot of hard work. And Tex ought to know; he started Dinoco with just one tiny oil well, and now he runs the largest oil empire in the world."
Later, in Lightning McQueen's daydream of Chick Hicks getting sponsored by Dinoco, Chick touches Tex with his tire, and both of them along with the Dinoco gang laugh. He is then seen with Chick when the text "The New Face of Dinoco" is shown.
At the Los Angeles International Speedway race, he and Lynda cheer on for The King. They both get shocked when Chick rams The King off the track, and are happy to see McQueen push The King towards the finish line.
Tex Dinoco is set to reappear in Cars 3.
- Tex is a 1975 Cadillac Coupe De Ville.
- Tex's license plate reads "DINOCO". The same applies for Dex, his Cars Toons doppelganger.
- Tex has a similar car body to Mel Dorado, a TV show host in Cars 2.
- Tex's name is a reference to his home (Texas) and strong Texan dialect. It could also be a reference to THX's mascot of the same name (who Pixar also created).