"T.J. Hummer comes from a long line of military vehicles, but growing up in the gated communities and private schools of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, T.J.'s idea of off-roading was going over potholes on Woodward Avenue. An aspiring rapper, T.J. likes looking tough, without scratching his paint or getting dirt in his rims, but that all changed when his father signed him up at Sarge's Boot Camp for Urban SUV's."
In the film, T.J.'s only appearance is during the credits, where Sarge is lecturing his new students about off-road driving. While Charlie Cargo, Frank "Pinky" Pinkerton and Murphy start on their way, T.J. is hesitant to leave, but Sarge makes him go, while T.J. complains about the dirt he has in his rims now.
T.J. appears to care a lot about his appearance, and likes not having a single paint scratch or dirt in his rims.
- He is modeled after a Hummer H1 Civilian Style.
- His license plate reads "TUF GUY", a pun on "tough guy". However, a few die-casts accidentally put his license plate as "TUF GUE".
- His name is a reference to T.J. Hooker.
- Sarge: "Attention! Kiss the pavement goodbye, gentlemen. When I'm finished with you, you'll have mud in places you didn't know you had!"
T.J. Hummer: "Yo, I've never been off-road!"
Sarge: (drives towards him) "Well, that's gonna change right now! About face!"
(Charlie Cargo, Murphy and Frank Pinkerton quickly turn around the other way, while T.J. steps slowly around.)
Sarge: "Drop and give me 20 miles!"
(Charlie, Frank Pinkerton and Murphy then drive off the road onto the dirt, while T.J. is still stepping around slowly.)
Sarge: "Go! Go! Go, go, go, go, go! Go!"
T.J. Hummer: (driving on the dirt) "Man, now I got dirt in my rims!"
- —T.J. Hummer and Sarge, as T.J. comes across his fear of dirt.
- ↑ "Car Finder" (supplementary material on Blu-ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu-ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.