Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Mutant Toys (sometimes referred to as Sid's Toys) were supporting characters who appeared in the first Toy Story. They were built by Sid from mixed pieces of several toys that belonged to him and Hannah. They lived in Sid's house, hidden in the dark corners of his room.
When Woody and Buzz Lightyear first encountered them, the two thought they were cannibals who were going to eat them, especially when they blocked the escape route for the duo. Holding Buzz as a hostage, Woody pushed the button on Buzz's back to make Buzz's arm chop to back them away as the duo tried to escape.
However, when the mutant toys later placed Buzz's severed arm back in place, as well as taping the heads of Hannah's Janie doll and Sid's toy Pterodactyl back to their correct bodies, Woody was stunned to see that they were not cannibals as he had initially thought them to be. After Sid took Buzz (whom he had strapped his new rocket to) outside to be blown up, the mutant toys agreed to cooperate with Woody in his plan rescue Buzz from Sid's clutches while also seeing this as their own chance to get revenge on Sid. Working together, they first drove Sid's dog Scud, who had stationed himself outside Sid's room, away and out onto the front porch so the toys could safely escape into Sid's backyard. Once outside, they moved into their final positions, from where they emerged out, surrounding Sid, as Woody told him how much they don't like the way Sid was treating them (being blown up, smashed, or ripped apart) and that they would find out if Sid didn't take good care of his toys because "we toys can see everything." After Woody scared Sid away with his own voice, "So play nice," and caused him to retreat in fear of his own toys (considering everything he had done to all of them), they all rejoiced victoriously.
List of toys
- "But they're cannibals. We saw them eat those other toys."
Other toys abused by Sid (seen coming back to life in his back yard) are a Burned Rag Doll, a Red Pickup Truck, a Squeeze Toy Alien, and two broken Combat Carls: an armless soldier with a nail in his head and a headless soldier with a broken leg, a headless teddy bear and two headless dolls named Marie Antoinette and Little Sister.
- In Episode 1 of the Woody's Big Escape game on Disney's official site, two of the mutant toys (Babyface and Ducky) were apparently renamed to "Spider Baby" and "Duck Man" for unknown reasons. Roller Bob and the wind-up frog are the only names unchanged, despite the fact that Woody says Ducky's name in the film.
- The mutant toys had appeared in Andy's room in a number of shorts in Toy Story Treats; however, it was not considered to be canon since they belonged to Sid, as Woody, Buzz and the other toys had already moved to their new home with Andy.
- In Toy Story 3: The Video Game, there is a card of these toys.
- None of these toys can speak English, and there is no given reason why, though Ducky can make duck sounds.
Other pertaining quotes
"Go away, you disgusting freaks!" (Babyface pulls on Buzz's broken arm)
"Alright back! Back, you cannibals!" (loses grip on the arm and attacks the mob, who has swarmed around Buzz, with vengeance)
"He is still alive, and you're not gonna get him, you monsters!" (digs his way to Buzz, whose arm has been reattached)
"Hey? Hey, they fixed you! But...but they're cannibals. We saw them eat those other toys." (they part to reveal the Janie Doll and Pterodactyl, whose heads have been taped back on the correct bodies)
"Uh...sorry. I...I thought that you were gonna...you know, eat my friend." (they scurry back into the dark corners of the room)
"Hey! No, no, wait! Hey! What's wrong?
- "Guys!" (the mutant toys scurry away into hiding)
"No, no, no, wait! Wait! Listen! Please! There's a good toy down there and he's...he's going to be blown to bits in a few minutes all because of me. I've gotta save him! ...but I need your help." (the toys don't respond)
"Please. He's my friend. He's the only one I've got." (Babyface bangs on metal bedpost; the mutant toys assemble before Woody)
"Thank you. Okay, I think I know what to do. We're going to have to break a few rules, but if it works, it'll help everybody. . . .
(Woody has assembled a "map" of the house, using Scrabble tiles and dominoes)
All right, listen up. I need Pump Boy here, Ducky here. Legs? You're with Ducky. Roller-Bob and I don't move till we get the signal. Clear?" (the mutant toys respond affirmatively)
"Okay, let's move!" (Legs and Ducky open the vent grating and enter the air duct)
"Wind the frog!" (the Walking Car begins to wind up the frog)
"Wait for the signal." (Ducky swings back and forth until he rings the doorbell)
"Go!" (the toys open the door, and the frog is let out of the room for Scud to chase after)
"Alright. Let's go!" (He and the remaining mutant toys mount Roller-Bob)
"Now!" (Roller-Bob, carrying Woody and the others, move out of Sid's room, down the stairs, and through the kitchen)
"Lean back!" (the toys do so, and they catapult into the bushes outside the house)'
- —Woody calls to the mutant toys and gives them instructions
- "Ha-ha! We did it! We did it! Ha-ha! Yes!"
- —Woody and the mutant toys celebrate their victory over Sid
- "Nice work, fellas. Good job. Coming out of the ground: what a touch! That was a stroke of genius."
- —Woody commends them for helping him save Buzz Lightyear