Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Considered one of the most universally successful racers in history, Mario Andretti has done it all! Name a race circuit, series, or track and you can be assured that Mario has garnered victories on every one of them. Not many cars know this, but Mario is actually an old friend of Doc Hudson's. They were fierce competitors on the track, but good friends off the track."
Mario Andretti attends the tiebreaker race in California. He greets the security guards when Fred, a rusty car with his name printed on his licence plate, rolls up and greets Mario. Mario replies, "And good morning to you, uh, Fred." Fred then happily takes this as the fact that Mario Andretti knows his name.
- He is based on, named after and voiced by Mario Andretti, a retired NASCAR and Formula One driver.
- Mario is a 1967 Ford Fairlane, the car the real Mario Andretti used to win the Daytona 500.
- In the Spanish version, he is voiced by Spanish Formula One driver Fernando Alonso.
- Marco Axelbender: (to Fred) "Hey, you! No admittance without a garage pass!"
Fred: "Oh, it's okay. Lightning McQueen knows me!"
Mario Andretti: "Hey, Marco, it's a beautiful day for a race, isn't it?"
Marco Axelbender: "Absolutely, Mr. Andretti."
Mario Andretti: "And good morning to you, uh, Fred."
Fred: "Mario Andretti knows my name!" (to Marco) "You gotta let me in now!"
- —Mario Andretti with Marco and Fred at the tie-breaker race in Los Angeles.
- ↑ "Car Finder" (supplementary material on Blu-ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu-ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.