Mach Matsuo is a character in Cars 2.
"Mach used to be one of the world's most successful production sports-car racers. He found winning success on the sands of Baja, in European rallies, and in sports-car club races around Japan. When Mach got the offer to be a Le Motor crew chief, he realized it was time to start training and shaping Shu Todoroki into a World Grand Prix champion!"
- Mach is modeled as a 1970 Nissan Fairlady Z.
- The Nissan Fairlady Z was marketed as the Datsun 240Z in the USA.
- Yoshihiko Matsuo (in which Mach appears to be named after) is the Nissan designer who designed the Fairlady Z.
- 96% of the first generation Z cars were sold in North America, very few were sold domestically in Japan.
- Mach's license plate reads 6206.
- In the first Cars 2 trailer around 0:47, Mach Matsuo can be spotted rapidly passing by in the background as Mater and Lightning McQueen are driving in Tokyo. This scene however does not appear in the final film.
- In Cars 2, an orange Z can be seen in the crowd at the Japan WGP race holding batons.
- In Cars 2, a green Z can be seen in the streets after the "karate demonstration" is over. Nissan sold several green Z cars, but the avocado hue seems to indicate Nissan 113 Metalic Green which was introduced in 1972.
- In Cars 2, the gong struck at the Japan WGP cocktail party is shaped like a stock Z wheel cover.