Jurassic Park is a movie franchise directed by Steven Spielberg.
References in Pixar
- In Toy Story, when Rex roars at Mr. Potato Head during the song "Strange Things", his roar sounds just like the Tyrannosaurus rex in Jurassic Park.
- In A Bug's Life, when Dim roars to help Dot scare Thumper away, he uses the same sound effect.
- In Toy Story 2, while inside Al's Toy Barn, Rex appears in a rearview side mirror (viewed by Mr. Potato Head) as he tries to catch up with the car, parodying a scene from Jurassic Park where a T-Rex appears in a rearview mirror when chasing a crew in a jeep (although for entirely different reasons as the T-Rex in the film was trying to eat the crew in the car, while Rex was attempting to get back in the car).
- In The Incredibles, the island that Syndrome lives on might be based on Jurassic Park island.
- In Toy Story 3, when Rex appears out of the ground, he roared with the Jurassic Park T-Rex roar.
- In one of the Toy Story of Terror! deleted scenes, there is a movie titled Jurassic Water Park.
- In The Good Dinosaur, the climactic battle between Butch the T-Rex and the Velociraptors at the end is re-enacted when confronting the cattle thieves.
- A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, and The Good Dinosaur are currently the only three Pixar films other than the Toy Story movies that parody Jurassic Park.
- Michael Giacchino who composed many Pixar movies also composed the fourth Jurassic Park film, Jurassic World.