|Species||Pacific Green Sea Turtle|
|Home||Coral Sea, Australia|
|Quote(s)||"Grab shell, dude!"|
|Behind the scenes|
Crush is a character in Finding Nemo. He is a sea turtle who speaks in the manner of a surfer dude.
He helps Marlin and Dory get to Sydney Harbour to rescue Nemo. He nicknames Marlin and Dory "The Jellyman" and "Little Blue," respectively. After transporting Marlin and Dory on his shell to their destination and giving them the ride of their lives on the East Australian Current, after bidding each other goodbye, Marlin asks Crush how old he his, and Crush replies, "150, dude, and still young!" Probably the best way to describe Crush is a surfer punk who loves and cares for his son, Squirt.
Crush serves as a minor character in Finding Dory.
|“||When it comes to traveling the ocean's currents, no one has as much fun as Crush. The 150-year-old sea turtle is young at heart with a laid-back surfer dude attitude that lets him go with the flow. But Crush is no drifter; he loves nothing more than the thrill of riding the rollicking East Australian Current (EAC) with his offspring. When Crush encounters Marlin and Dory, he's more than happy to help them find their way, provided they can hold on for the wildest ride of their lives.||”|
- Crush appears in his own talk show at The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot, Disney's California Adventure and Tokyo Disney Sea.
- He also appears as a mosaic during the end credits of WALL•E.
- He appeared on the PBS Kids Go! show, FETCH! with Ruff Ruffman, in the season 5 episode "The Ol' Shell Game." In that episode, it is Crush's birthday, so Ruff gives him a call. During that call, Crush tells Ruff about trouble happening with turtles, so Ruff sends Marco and Shreya to learn about sea turtles. At the end of the episode, Crush thanks them for helping the sea turtles, and says that it was the best birthday present ever.
- Based on the fact that Crush's father is named Mr. Turtle, this would make Crush's full name Crush Turtle, or C. Turtle (sea turtle) for short.
- It is implied that Crush's (and to a much lesser extent, Squirt's and the other turtles') home is actually Hawaii, and he and the other turtles are using the EAC to return there.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, sea turtles can actually live up to 152 years. This contradicts what Crush said about still being young at age 150.
- Crush makes a cameo appearance in the Pixar short Lava.
- Sea-turtles feed on jellyfish due to their natural resistances against jellyfish venom, which would explain why and how Crush was near the jellyfish and able to rescue Marlin and Dory.