Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Appeared in:|| Monsters, Inc.|
- "I could have been dead! I COULD HAVE DIED!"
- —Claws Ward, to his assistant
Peter "Claws" Ward is a character in Monsters, Inc.
Claws appears on the Scare Floor in Monsters, Inc. and the sushi restaurant. On the Scare Floor, he runs out of a door screaming because the child he was trying to scare almost touched him. He then proceeds to cry while his assistant calls in a door shredder, making that door the 58th lost in the week.
While watching Mike's company play "Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me," he gets emotional during Mike's singing and starts crying, to which his assistant slaps him and says, "Keep it together, man!" (like how he did earlier in the film when Claws was crying because the kid got close to him).
Although Claws does not physically appear in Monsters University, his picture can be seen on a Scare Card during the credits. It is also revealed in Monsters University that he graduated from Fear Tech and formerly worked at Fear Co.
- Claws has also appeared in Monsters, Inc. Scream Arena for Nintendo GameCube as 1 of 5 available playable characters.
- He also appeared in the On Ice version of Monsters, Inc.
Claws seems to act like everyone else at Monsters, Inc., though he does sometimes get emotional.
- As Claws runs out of the door, the "Killin' Paul Bunyan" poster from Sid's room in Toy Story can be seen before he slams the door shut.
- According to his scare card, he idolized Carla "Killer Claws" Benitez.
- His surname, Ward, could be a possible reference to either Jay Ward or Jim Ward.
- Claws' real name, Pete, could be a reference to Pete Docter.
- According to his Scare Card, he is 6'4", weighs 680 pounds, and was born on May 5th in Shockholm.
- He is the second bottom scarer.