Carsoli, also referred to as Santa Ruotina, is a location that appears in Cars 2.
- Uncle Topolino
- Mama Topolino
- Uncle Topolino's Band
- Luigi and Guido (former residents)
- Carlo Maserati
Buildings and Attractions
- The fountain in Topolino’s village commemorates the six Maserati brothers – Enzo, Bindo, Carlo, Alfieri, Ettore and Ernesto.
- On the second disc of the Cars 2 Blu-ray, John Lasseter says Luigi's town was named Carsoli in allusion to Casoli, where composer Michael Giacchino has ancestry. In fact, Carsoli is also the name of a real village located in the Italian region of Abruzzo.
- The main church is inspired by the main church of Forza d'Agrò, in Sicily.
- Carsoli is similar to Forza d'Agrò and Romagnan Appennine's village.
- In front of the church, there's a Maserati statue, with the Trident, the statue is similar to Bologna's Neptune statue.
- ↑ John Lasseter's Blu-ray and DVD audio commentary, 2011
- ↑ Cars 2 Production Notes
- ↑ Fun Facts: Cars Land Re-creates Radiator Springs with Familiar Landmarks from the Movie
- ↑ Bynghall, Steve (2011). Cars 2 : The Essential Guide. DK Publishing, Inc. p. 24. ISBN 0756675049.
- ↑ UK Cars 2 Official Website
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 ‘Cars 2′ Introduces Nearly 1,000 New Characters and More Fun Facts (Minor Spoilers)