Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Carsoli, also referred to as Santa Ruotina, is a location that appears in Cars 2.
- Uncle Topolino
- Mama Topolino
- Uncle Topolino's Band
- Luigi and Guido (former residents)
- Carlo Maserati
Buildings and Attractions
- The fountain in Topolino’s village commemorates the six Maserati brothers – Enzo, Bindo, Carlo, Alfieri, Ettore and Ernesto.
- On the second disc of the Cars 2 Blu-ray, John Lasseter says Luigi's town was named Carsoli in allusion to Casoli, where composer Michael Giacchino has ancestry. In fact, Carsoli is also the name of a real village located in the Italian region of Abruzzo.
- The main church is inspired by the main church of Forza d'Agrò, in Sicily.
- Carsoli is similar to Forza d'Agrò and Romagnan Appennine's village.
- In front of the church, there's a Maserati statue, with the Trident, the statue is similar to Bologna's Neptune statue.
- ↑ John Lasseter's Blu-ray and DVD audio commentary, 2011
- ↑ Cars 2 Production Notes
- ↑ Fun Facts: Cars Land Re-creates Radiator Springs with Familiar Landmarks from the Movie
- ↑ Bynghall, Steve (2011). Cars 2 : The Essential Guide. DK Publishing, Inc. p. 24. ISBN 0756675049.
- ↑ UK Cars 2 Official Website
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 ‘Cars 2′ Introduces Nearly 1,000 New Characters and More Fun Facts (Minor Spoilers)