Cars Land is a new land at Disney California Adventure Park, that opened on June 15, 2012. Cars Land is one of the last pieces of the $1 billion expansion of California Adventure developed since 2007. John Lasseter, Principal Creative Advisor of Walt Disney Imagineering, is overseeing the project.
Cars Land features new dining and shopping venues as well as new attractions. One is a major "E-ticket" attraction called Radiator Springs Racers, which features the third-generation Test Track technology, an attraction located at Epcot in Walt Disney World. Two other family attractions were built; Luigi's Flying Tires and Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Luigi's Flying Tires is a ride system similar to the old Disneyland Flying Saucers attraction.
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
Luigi's Flying Tires
"Float on air as you slide and glide on the world's first and finest flying tire!"
On February 17, 2015, the ride was closed down and replaced by "Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters," which opened on March 7, 2016. Instead of floating tires, guests ride in one of twenty miniature roadsters, each representing one of Luigi's cousins, which together perform a dance on a dance floor.
"Got the need for speed? Gear up and go ka-chow! Only one car will win this race!"
The entrance to the line for the ride is to the right of the Courthouse. While waiting in line, guests go through the old town of Stanley's Oasis. After waiting in line, they get into a vehicle, which takes them through Ornament Valley. They pass the waterfall that is near the Wheel Well and enter a darkened tunnel. In the tunnel, Minny is heard saying, "Van, are we lost again?" After that, the vehicle swerves around Mack, Van and Minny and crosses train tracks right before a train comes. Next, guests will meet Sheriff, who appears as if he is going to give a ticket, but he really is welcoming the guests to the big race. Mater then shows up and takes the guests to the race, but before doing so, he takes them tractor tipping. However, Frank wakes up and chases Mater and the guests into Radiator Springs where Sally and Lightning welcomes the guests to the race and either tell them to go to Luigi's Casa Della Tires for new tires or Ramone's House of Body Art for a new paint job. After that, the guests meet Doc, who tells them that he will be their crew chief for the race. The racers line up at the starting line and Luigi and Guido will start the race. The race goes outside, around the Radiator Cap mountain, around Willy's Butte to the finish line. The vehicles go into Tail Light Caverns where Lightning and Mater congratulate the guests.
"Chill out with a sup of my refreshing fuel, man. I've got a variety of all-natural, fruity flavors!"
"Pull in for a pit-stop and recharge with some fuel-efficient, cone-themed snacks!"
"Park in the shade, kick up your tires and grab some grub off the grill, baby!"
"This is the headquarters for genuine Radiator Springs gear! Outfit every member of your garage!"
"Hey gearhead! Stop in, fill up your trunk and go back to your garage with something to remember us by!
"Roll in and get hooked up with fresh coats, new tops and other tricked-out gear!"
Every day, characters from Cars roam the streets of Cars land which attracts crowds of guests itching to get a picture with a character. Some characters include:
Either Lightning McQueen or Tow Mater will be stationed in front of the Cozy Cone motel office to take pictures with while Red parks in the street right in front of the intersection to take pictures. DJ can be found (usually at night) hosting a dance party by playing music. Cast Members are also available to take pictures of your group with the Characters.
The Music of Cars Land
A limited edition soundtrack album called "The Music of Cars Land" was released when Cars Land opened.
- Route 66 (Chuck Berry)
- Welcome to Radiator Springs (Joe Louis Walker)
- Radiator Rock (Joe Louis Walker)
- Mambo italiano (Rosemary Clooney)
- Stop in the Name of Love" (The Supremes)
- Riding in My Car (Car Car Song) (Woody Guthrie)
- Low Rider (Espanol Fantasma Mix) (War)
- Junkyard Jamboree (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Big Bulldozer (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Tow Mater (The One You Want to Call) (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Mater's Square Dance (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Let's Go Driving (Larry the Cable Guy)
- Radiator Springs Racers: Attraction Ride Through
In 2012, 5 die-casts of characters from Cars Land were released.
- Mater's Junkyard Jamboree (Baby Tractor)
- Blue Radiator Springs Racer
- Red Radiator Springs Racer
- Green Radiator Springs Racer
- Teal Radiator Springs Racer
In 2017, 5 more die-casts were released of Luigi's cousins:
- Luigi's Flying Tires had 6,714 air vents that blow over 1.86 million cubic feet of air per minute.
- In November each year since 2012, Cars Land gets decorated with Christmas decorations. Some decorations include a snow-car at the entrance, a Christmas tree made out of cones at the Cozy Cone Motel, and even a new entrance sign.
- The highest point in Oranment Valley stands at 125 feet, the Pinnacle.
- The idea of Cars Land began as early as 2007, as artists at Pixar started talking to Chip Foose regarding the idea creating a Cars-themed attraction.
Concepts and Construction
Cars Take Flight
Cars Take Flight is a competition where people make videos of themselves saying their favorite Lightning McQueen or Mater's lines from the Cars Toons episodes Air Mater and Moon Mater to win a vacation to Cars Land. The videos have to be under 30 seconds. The competition ended October 7, 2012.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ DisneyParks Blog: First Look: Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters Rolling into Disney California Adventure Park
- ↑ DisneyParks Blog: Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters to Open March 7 at Disney California Adventure Park
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ ]
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ TakeFiveADay.com: "Disney California Adventures Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters + Diecasts"
- ↑  (15th Question)
- ↑ Live Facebook Chat with Jay Ward and Chip Foose, July 23, 2016.
- ↑ Cars Take Flight | Disney