|<<||Finding Dory||Pixar Films Chronology||Coco||>>|
- "From this moment, everything will change."
|Directed by||Brian Fee|
|Produced by||Kevin Reher|
|Written by||Daniel Gerson|
|Music by||Randy Newman|
|Release date||June 16, 2017|
Cars 3 is an upcoming Pixar film, its eighteenth feature film, and the second sequel to the 2006 film Cars, scheduled to be released on June 16, 2017. It will be directed by Brian Fee. At the Disney stockholder meeting on March 18, 2014, Disney CEO Bob Iger first announced that Pixar had begun pre-production on Cars 3.
|“||Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez, with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn't through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing's biggest stage!||”|
In May 2016, Fee gave the first details regarding the plot: the film sees Lightning McQueen, now a veteran in the racing world, facing the rise of a new generation of race cars epitomized by Jackson Storm. Following a defeat to Storm, McQueen enlists the help of a new trainee, Cruz Ramirez, a sleek female race car, to prepare him for the the Florida 500, in the hope that he can give a game-changing performance. Fee elaborated: "Think of where he’d be in his career now in real time. [McQueen] is not an old man, but he's one of the older cars on the circuit with new rookies coming in. People start to wonder and ask when he might retire."
- Owen Wilson: Lightning McQueen
- Cristela Alonzo: Cruz Ramirez
- Armie Hammer: Jackson Storm
- John Ratzenberger: Mack
- Larry the Cable Guy: Tow Mater
- Bonnie Hunt: Sally Carrera
- Cheech Marin: Ramone
- Jenifer Lewis: Flo
- Paul Dooley: Sarge
- Lloyd Sherr: Fillmore
- Katherine Helmond: Lizzie
- Michael Wallis: Sheriff
- Guido Quaroni: Guido
- Tony Shalhoub: Luigi
- Richard Petty: Strip "The King" Weathers
- Bob Peterson: Chick Hicks
- Jeff Gordon: Jeff Gorvette
- Bob Costas: Bob Cutlass
- Darrell Waltrip: Darrell Cartrip
- Ray Magliozzi: Dusty
- Tom Magliozzi: Rusty
- Chase Elliott: Chase Racelott
- Daniel Suárez: Danny Swervez
- Ryan Blaney: Ryan "Inside" Laney
- Darrell Wallace Jr.: Bubba Wheelhouse
- Kyle Petty: Cal Weathers
- Shannon Spake: Shannon Spokes
- H. A. Wheeler: Tex Dinoco
- Ray Evernham: Ray Reverham
- Mike Joy: Mike Joyride
- Kerry Washington: Natalie Certain
- Nathan Fillion: Sterling
- Lea DeLaria: Miss Fritter
- Lewis Hamilton: Hamilton
- Chris Cooper: Smokey
- Isiah Whitlock Jr.: River Scott
- Junior Johnson: Junior "Midnight" Moon
- Margo Martindale: Louise "Barnstormer" Nash
It was previously assumed that Pixar would order a third film in the Cars franchise after the box office and merchandising success of Cars 2. On August 17, 2013, voice actor Michael Wallis told radio audiences that Cars 3 would take place on California's Route 99. In October 2014, John Lasseter revealed at the Tokyo International Film Festival that the film will feature a tribute to Hayao Miyazaki's film The Castle of Cagliostro in a form of an old Citroën 2CV.
At the 2015 São Paulo Disney Expo, it was hinted that the film would be released in Brazil in 2018. In an interview John Lasseter did with Autoweek on the occasion of Pixar's 2015 bi-annual Motorama car show, he gave a potential release date of summer 2018 or 2019.
Lasseter later revealed on June 8, 2016, during an interview with Entertainment Weekly's Marc Snetiker, that Doc Hudson, a character from the first film who died before the second film, will be referenced several times in Cars 3.
A "Rivalry" tailer was released on May 10.
Along with score by Randy Newman, there will be rock and pop songs, including "Ride" by ZZ Ward and Gary Clark Jr. The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Original Score Soundtrack will both be released on June 16, 2017.
Attached Short Film
Cars 3: Driven to Win
In January 2017, after it was reopened and bought by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Avalanche Software confirmed a game based on the film. On April 5, 2017, the title of the game was revealed to be Cars 3: Driven to Win, and it will be released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in North America on June 13, Australia on June 14, and Europe on July 14.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Sneak Peek Exclusive Cars 3 New Character Cruz Ramirez
- ↑ Disney Studios LA Twitter (9:00 AM - 31 May 2016 Tweet)
- ↑ Daniel Gerson, Writer of 'Cars 3,' 'Monsters, Inc.' Dies At 49
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Newman on Putin, people, politics, music
- ↑ Disney Announces Release Dates for 'Incredibles 2,' 'Cars 3'
- ↑ Disney Plans Third 'Cars,' 'The Incredibles 2'
- ↑ Incredibles Animated Sequel
- ↑ Owen Wilson: "Men trust the chicks" (in Italian)
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Cars 3 first look: Meet Pixar's new millennials
- ↑ 10.00 10.01 10.02 10.03 10.04 10.05 10.06 10.07 10.08 10.09 10.10 10.11 Disney-Pixar 'Cars 3' Key Cast and Characters Roll Out
- ↑ Larry The Cable Guy Twitter (9:59 AM - 8 May 2016 Tweet)
- ↑ After playing on-screen dad to Molly, Helen and Julia, Paul Dooley gets to play himself
- ↑ 13.00 13.01 13.02 13.03 13.04 13.05 13.06 13.07 13.08 13.09 13.10 13.11 'Cars 3' gears up for season-long ride with NASCAR
- ↑ http://people.com/movies/kerry-washington-cars-3-first-look/
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Cars 3 photos introduce Kerry Washington, Nathan Fillion as new characters
- ↑ Cars 3 reveals new details about Kerry Washington, Nathan Fillion and Lewis Hamilton's characters
- ↑ Channel 4 F1 coverage of the 2017 Russian Grand Prix.
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 New 'Cars 3' characters inspired by NASCAR legends
- ↑ Disney Pixar Returns to NAIAS with Cars 3 – Interview with Jay Ward and Jay Shuster + Extended Look! #Cars3 #NAIAS #DetroitlovesAutos
- ↑ 'Cars 3': How Pixar Channeled Paul Newman to Get Back on Track — Watch New Trailer
- ↑ Michael Wallis confirms there will be a "Cars 3"
- ↑ John Lasseter Hails Hayao Miyazaki, Japan and the Joy of Juxtaposition
- ↑ 'Cars 3' and 'Incredibles 2' Slated For 2018 and 2019 Release Dates?
- ↑ Pixar Motorama is the Coolest Car Show You've Never Heard Of
- ↑ Pixar boss John Lasseter: Cars 3 is 'very emotional,' closer in tone to Cars 1
- ↑ Cars 3 Trailer Announcement; Full Trailer Next Week
- ↑ New Cars 3 Teaser; Official Trailer Arrives Tomorrow
- ↑ Lightning McQueen Faces Retirement In The Full Trailer For Pixar's 'Cars 3'
- ↑ 'Cars 3' Disney Channel Sneak-Peek Trailer Airs During The Radio Disney Music Awards (RDMAs)
- ↑ New 'Cars 3' Trailer Greases Wheel For Rocky-Like Showdown
- ↑ Lewis Hamilton on Facebook
- ↑ Lewis Hamilton on Twitter
- ↑ Lewis Hamilton on Instagram
- ↑ Cars 3 Soundtrack First Listen: ZZ Ward & Gary Clark Jr's Energetic Track, "Ride" and Dancing With The Stars Performance
- ↑ 'Cars 3' Receives an Impressive Two-Soundtrack Release (Covers, Originals & Score) [UPDATED Track-Listing & Pre-Order]
- ↑ Disney Infinity dev revived and re-opened by Warner Bros.
- ↑ Cars 3: Driven to Win Release Date Revealed
- ↑ Former Disney Infinity Dev's New Game Cars 3: Driven To Win Coming Soon
- ↑ Cars 3: Driven to Win - EB Games Australia
- ↑ Cars 3: Driven To Win On Nintendo Switch Is An Argos Exclusive In The UK