|Performer:|| Tim Allen (films)|
Mike MacRae (video games)
Pat Fraley (Toy Story Treats, merchandise)
Patrick Warburton (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command)
Javier Fernandez-Peña (Spanish Buzz in Toy Story 3 and Hawaiian Vacation)
|Appeared in:|| Toy Story|
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Toy Story Treats
Toy Story Toons
Toy Story of Terror!
Toy Story That Time Forgot
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
- "Buzz" redirects here. For other uses, see Buzz (disambiguation).
- "And this is Buzz Lightyear, the coolest toy ever! Look! He can fly, oh, and shoot lasers! He's sworn to protect the galaxy from the Evil Emperor Zurg!"
- —Andy shows Buzz Lightyear to Bonnie
Buzz Lightyear is the deuteragonist of Toy Story, the tritagonist of Toy Story 2, the tritagonist turned supporting antagonist then back again of Toy Story 3, the titular protagonist of its television series, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, and its direct-to-DVD movie, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins, the protagonist of the Toy Story Toon episode Small Fry, and a supporting character in the Toy Story franchise's other media, Toy Story Treats, Hawaiian Vacation, Partysaurus Rex, Toy Story of Terror!, and Toy Story That Time Forgot.
He is a plastic bilingual spaceman action figure with wings, a laser and a helmet, who accompanies Woody on his adventures in each movie.
In the first Toy Story movie, Buzz starts out as a surprise birthday present for Andy from his mother. He is first seen fully when Woody climbs up on Andy's bed to see Buzz standing tall on top of it. As Buzz comes to life, he believes that he is a real space ranger and scans the place where he has ended up in and tries to contact Star Command, only for no one to answer, but then catches sight of his ripped cardboard packaging, thinking that his "spaceship" has been damaged. As Buzz tries to report his mission log to his wrist communicator, scans the surrounding "terrain" and doubts if the outside air is breathable, Woody suddenly comes into his view, startling Buzz and causing him to activate his laser on Woody. Woody introduces himself to Buzz and tries to tell him that he is standing on Woody's place.
But then, Buzz catches sight of the other toys who have climbed up onto the bed, forcing him to reactivate his laser, but told by Woody that they are harmless creatures, Buzz thanks them for their kind welcome. All the toys, except Woody, are fascinated with the new features of the Buzz Lightyear action figure (buttons that activate his sampled voice, laser and wings). As Buzz shows off his wings, he and Woody have a brief argument over whether or not Buzz can fly, which leads to Buzz demonstrating how he "flies" by jumping off from the bed post, bouncing off a rubber ball, riding down the track on a Hot Wheels car, moving in circles while hanging from the plane suspended from the ceiling until it sideswipes a wall to cause Buzz to be detached from the plane, and finally landing gracefully on the bed. Buzz receives an adoration from the toys, except Woody, who describes that as "falling with style".
As the days pass, Buzz quickly becomes Andy's new favorite toy, although Buzz believes himself to be the real Space Ranger. This leads to tension with Woody because prior to Buzz's arrival, Woody has been Andy's favorite toy since kindergarten. When Woody confronts Buzz the next day, he accidentally triggers Buzz's helmet to open, causing Buzz to suffocate briefly before realizing that the air is breathable, but Buzz snaps at Woody, warning him that he almost has had Buzz's eyeballs sucked from their sockets as he closes his helmet. He suddenly hears something outside, Sid Phillips, Andy's violent next-door neighbor (who loves to torture toys). When the toys watch Sid preparing to blow up a Combat Carl from the window of Andy's room, Buzz declares he will stop the kid, but is too late because when he has a brief argument with Woody about his laser, Lenny notices Sid lighting a fuse attached to the Combat Carl, prompting the toys to back away as the Combat Carl is blown up, followed by Sid's evil, victorious cheer. Buzz regrets not being able to stop Sid as Woody jokingly states that he will love to see Buzz as a crater.
That evening, when Andy and his family are to go to a family outing at a Pizza Planet restaurant, Woody, wanting to ensure that Andy will pick him instead of Buzz, calls to Buzz that there is trouble (a helpless toy being trapped). Buzz then rushes to "help" the toy, and Woody sends RC to push Buzz into the gap between the table and the wall, but Buzz catches sight of RC racing toward him and jumps out of the way. RC then bumps into a board leaning against the wall, which then falls onto a globe, freeing the sphere, which rolls toward Buzz. While running away from the rolling globe, Buzz trips over some colored pencils, but manages to roll himself out of the globe's way, ending up on a windowsill. The globe then hits a desk lamp, which swings around and hit Buzz, knocking him out of the window. Most of the other toys, especially Mr. Potato Head, indict Woody for attempting to murder Buzz out of jealousy, but Buzz has survived the fall as he emerges out of the bushes to see Woody being taken by Andy into the car.
Seeking revenge on Woody, Buzz jumps onto the car's bumper, and while Andy and his mother stop for gas at a gas station, Buzz drops down through the car's sunroof, confronts Woody, and jumps on him, knocking the two out of the car. As they both roll under the car, they continue fighting until the car drives away, leaving the two stranded. Buzz tries to report his mission log to his wrist communicator again, which results in a more intense argument with Woody, during which Buzz blames Woody of delaying his "rendezvous with Star Command" and putting the security of the entire universe at stake. After Woody shouts out his most powerful line, Buzz sees Woody is no help to him, but is convinced by Woody (who has caught sight of a Pizza Planet delivery truck) to come back upon hearing that Woody has found a "spaceship". The two then hitch a ride to Pizza Planet, but as they enter the restaurant, Buzz, still thinking that he is a real space ranger catches sight of a rocket-shaped game, thinking it is a spaceship promised by Woody that will take him to his "destination."
Inside, he meets some Aliens, but Woody catches up with him. Unfortunately, Sid takes control of the claw and fishes Buzz and Woody out. The two are taken to Sid's house and up the stairs to Sid's room, where they encounter the mutant toys, whom Buzz refers to them as cannibals. Buzz tries to contact Star Command to send in reinforcements and claims he has adjusted his laser "from stun to kill," making Woody hopeful that they will be able to blink the mutant toys to death. The next day, the two are brutally tortured by Sid (evidenced by Buzz having two suction cup darts on his helmet and back), and as they head for the open door out to the hallway (despite Buzz claiming that they don't know what's outside), they are stopped by the mutant toys, prompting Buzz to activate his laser, but nothing happens. As Buzz ponders what is wrong with his laser, Woody suddenly grabs Buzz as a hostage and pushes a large button on Buzz's back, making Buzz's arm chop up and down repeatedly to fend off the mutant toys and make their way out the door, despite Buzz telling him to stop.
As Woody tries to retreat up the stairs after being stopped by Sid's vicious dog Scud sleeping at the bottom of the stairs, Buzz grabs him, covering Woody's mouth, and warns Woody that another stunt like what Woody has done may lead to their deaths. As they walk across the hallway, they accidentally wake up Sid's vicious dog Scud. Buzz darts into a dark room while Woody hides in a closet, and Scud follows him, but backs away when he catches sight of Mr. Phillips, Sid's dad sleeping on a La-Z-Boy. Then, Buzz hears a voice calling for him. Thinking he can finally rendezvous with Star Command, Buzz opens his wrist communicator, but he realizes that the voice is actually coming from a TV, in which a commercial advertising Buzz Lightyear toys available at Al's Toy Barn is playing.
From that commercial (as well as a "MADE IN TAIWAN" message inscribed on the lid of his wrist communicator), Buzz has discovered, for the first time, he is a toy, much to his dismay. Dejected, he walks out of the room and down the corridors, then catches sight of a window above the stairs. Despite Woody's voice echoing in his mind "You are a toy! You can't fly!", he nevertheless tries his last attempt at proving he was a Space Ranger by opening his wings and jumping from the top of the stairs, aiming toward the window, only to fall to the bottom of the stairs and sever his left arm in the process, finally realizing that Woody was telling the truth after all. There, he is found by Sid's little sister, Hannah, who decides to borrow Buzz for a tea party, nicknaming him as "Mrs. Nesbit." Woody then enters Hannah's room to coax Buzz out of the room. When Buzz sarcastically shows him off as "Mrs. Nesbit," Woody tries to make Buzz come to his senses by opening Buzz's helmet, slapping Buzz's head with his severed arm, and politely closing his helmet. As Buzz moans over not being able to fly out of the window, Woody, seeing the window to Andy's room through the window out of Sid's room, pulls Buzz into Sid's room.
However, due to Buzz being depressed that he is a toy, he refuses to help Woody in his escape plan, only throwing his severed arm on a desk, right next to Woody (and forcing Woody to fake Buzz being there, but making Andy's toys believe that he has severed Buzz's arm, thus ruining any chance at being rescued). Just then, the mutant toys surround Buzz, prompting Woody to fight them off, but the toys have reattached Buzz's severed arm back in place, stunning Woody. Soon, Sid bursts back into a room with a rocket, and while looking for Woody, he steps on Buzz's laser and tapes the rocket onto Buzz's back, stating how he has always desired to "blow a spaceman into orbit," but is forced to delay his launch due to a sudden rainstorm. Overnight, Woody, who has become trapped in a milk crate due to a toolbox rested on top of the crate, calls for Buzz to free him, and when Buzz doesn't answer, he throws a washer that strikes Buzz's helmet to get his attention. However, Buzz, who has claimed to have started to think clearly for the first time, is still too depressed to help Woody, as he tells Woody that Woody has been right all along: Buzz is not a Space Ranger, but just a "stupid, insignificant toy."
In the film's turning point, Woody explains to Buzz what being a toy is and why that is better than being a Space Ranger, even going far as describing the features that Buzz has (having wings, glow-in-the-dark, buttons that make him talk, helmet doing the "whoosh" thing), all of which makes Buzz a "cool toy." As Woody, too, falls into depression and finally accepts that he will have no chance of standing up to a Buzz Lightyear action figure, Buzz thinks for a moment, looking at Andy's name written on the bottom of his boot that proves his ownership to Andy and considering everything Woody has told him as he finally discovers that being a toy isn't so bad after all, then becomes determined to get himself and Woody back in the hands of their owner. He then starts to push the toolbox off the crate and manages to free Woody, but not before catching sight of a moving truck that has pulled in front of Andy's house. Just then, Sid wakes up and takes Buzz out of the room, prompting Woody to give chase, but Scud has stationed himself in the way, preparing to attack any toy that emerges out of Sid's room. To save Buzz, Woody has to call for the mutant toys, who help Woody with his plan to escape safely to Sid's backyard, where they move into their final positions.
After Woody scares Sid away, warning him to never torture toys again, Buzz thanks Woody for saving him from Sid as they shake hands, and their friendship is born. Just then, the two hear the sound of Andy's car starting next door, and they rush to catch the car, but Woody has to go back briefly to free Buzz, whose rocket has made him stuck to a fence, causing them both to miss the car. After the moving truck passes over the two, they make a dash for the truck, unaware that Scud has caught sight of them. Buzz has made it onto the truck's bumper, but as Woody begins his climb up to the bumper, Scud catches up with them and tries to pull Woody off the truck, prompting Buzz to leap onto Scud to fight the dog off. Not wanting Buzz to be left behind, Woody opens the truck's back door for a box of Andy's toys and dig into the box to find RC, whom he tosses onto the street and sends to pick up Buzz. While Buzz rides RC with Scud chasing after him, the other toys, believing Woody is attempting to murder RC, ambush him, causing RC to move around in circles and jump. Buzz finally loses Scud as RC cruises into an intersection in which cross traffic is moving and Scud runs into the intersection, causing cars to swerve and form a circle that entraps Scud. Buzz heaves a sigh of relief after losing Scud.After Woody is tossed out of the truck, he joins Buzz as they ride RC, then they try to catch up with the moving truck. The other toys see Woody and Buzz riding on RC and feel guilty for what they have done to Woody. As RC gains closer to the truck, Slinky tries to help them back into the truck, but becomes overstretched due to RC's batteries depleting. After losing grip of Slinky and RC comes to a dead stop, Buzz then realizes the rocket taped behind his back, but in order to light the rocket, Woody has to use Buzz's helmet to focus the sunlight onto the rocket fuse. When he succeeds, Buzz holds onto Woody, who holds onto RC, as they rocket toward the moving truck.
Woody manages to toss RC back into the truck (and accidentally impacted straight at Potato Head), just as he and Buzz go skyrocketing into the air. Buzz then frees himself from the rocket by opening his wings, and he and Woody plummet to the ground, but a sudden updraft causes the two to glide gracefully in the air, with Buzz describing it as "falling with style", recalling what Woody has said earlier. The two toys pass over the moving truck and reach Andy's car, where they drop down through the car's sunroof and land in an open box next to Andy, finally making him happy once again, now that he has finally found his favorite toys.
On Christmas Day at Andy's new house, Buzz (now with his helmet permanently open for the first time) is seen sitting on the bed, listening to Sarge's voice through the baby monitor. Woody joins Buzz as they sit on the bed together, and Woody asks Buzz if he isn't worried about being replaced and what present for Andy may be worse than him. When the toys hear that Andy has received a puppy, Woody and Buzz look at each other with a surprised, dreaded smile on both their faces.
Toy Story 2
In Toy Story 2, Buzz is first seen watching Rex play a Buzz Lightyear video game. Then he rushes over to assist Woody, who is looking for his hat, since it is the day Woody is going to Cowboy Camp with Andy (although he mispronounces "s'mores" as "schmoes"). Later, when Woody alerts the toys about a yard sale taking place outside the house, Buzz walks along the line of toys, calling out their names to ensure that all the toys are present. After a squeeze toy penguin named Wheezy is taken by Andy's mom to be sold at a yard sale, Woody whistles for Andy's dog, Buster, and Buzz uses Lenny to keep watch on Woody.
Woody rescues Wheezy, but falls off Buster and is eventually found by a man who has been looking for Woody. As the man walks away from the yard sale after stealing Woody, Buzz attempts to give chase. He jumps onto the man's car and opens the car's back trunk, but the force of a bump lid knocks him off the car and down onto the pavement. However, Buzz manages to catch a glimpse of a license plate before the car speeds away, leaving behind some feathers, one of which Buzz picks up. During the Crime Scene Investigation, Buzz attempts to decipher the license plate number, but is not getting any accurate leads until Mr. Potato Head, while frustrated at Buzz's lack of progress, sarcastically tells the other toys to let Buzz play with his toys.
This inadvertently causes Buzz to remember a crucial detail that not only allows him to trace the culprit as working at Al's Toy Barn, but also causing him to deduce from the feather that the culprit is actually the man in the chicken suit, Al McWhiggin. Later, Buzz and the toys surf through the TV channels to find an ad for Al's Toy Barn (which has appeared earlier in the film), and when the ad appears, Buzz has Etch draw a very elaborate map of how to get there. After explaining that he still owes Woody for risking his life to save him, Buzz forms a rescue party with Mr. Potato Head, Hamm, Rex, and Slinky that goes to save Woody from Al. He appears to be a very serious leader, as shown during that night when, after successfully covering two blocks with nineteen left to go, the toys request a rest, and Buzz demands that they will not stop until Woody is safely back in Andy's room. The next day, Buzz and the toys arrive across the street from Al's Toy Barn, but a wall of traffic lies in their way.
Buzz formulates a strategy to safely cross the road by utilization of traffic cones, dropping them and proceeding under Buzz's commands (indirectly causing a massive pile-up on the street). Arriving at the entrance to Al's Toy Barn, Buzz, after seeing a worker enter the store to ensure that the doors open and close automatically, orders the toys to jump simultaneously on a door sensor mat to trigger the door open, and once inside, Buzz tells the toys to split their search. During his search, Buzz encounters an aisle full of new Buzz Lightyear toys with their hands and legs tied up inside their boxes. He then catches sight of the words "NEW UTILITY BELT!" on a display stand and, thinking he may be able to use one of those, climbs up the stand only to encounter yet another new Buzz Lightyear action figure.
When he foolishly attempts to take the newer Buzz's Utility Belt, the New Buzz suddenly springs to life, mistaken him for a AWOL space ranger and overpowers him in a fight. Andy's Buzz was then restrained and imprisoned in a empty Buzz Lightyear cardboard box. Buzz tries to convince his fellow space ranger that he is a toy but instead irritates him. New Buzz then places Andy's Buzz on the shelf. Buzz was isolated and became a prisoner of his fellow space ranger. When the toys cruise by, Andy's Buzz sees the toys taking New Buzz, and shouts his famous phrase "YOU'VE GOT THE WRONG BUZZ!" but they don't hear him from inside imprisonment box and take New Buzz with them anyway. Buzz was left behind still struggling with his tied up hands and legs. Buzz then fears his rescue plan will fail, he manages to untie his legs inside his prison cardboard box.
After a while, Andy's Buzz manages to jump down with his box from the shelf and kick himself out. As he sees Al walk by, he spots Rex's tail sticking out of Al's bag. He tries to gives chase, but trips over some gumballs (spilled on the floor when Tour Guide Barbie has accidentally rammed the car in which the toys have been riding). Buzz then uses hanger bars to execute acrobatic moves, jumps on a trampoline, and grabs hold of a wire-bound plane that takes him to the doors. He makes a leap toward the closing doors, but the doors slam shut and Buzz crashes into them. He tries to reopen the doors by jumping on the sensor mat, but to no avail. However, luckily, Al's car does not go far; it drives over to an apartment building located just across the street. Spotting a stack of boxes next to the door, Buzz knocks it over, and the boxes land on the sensor mat, triggering the doors open, enabling Buzz to exit to run after his friends, unaware that a box that has become sandwiched between the closing doors contains an Emperor Zurg action figure.
While Zurg, having emerged out from that box, gives pursuit after Buzz, Buzz uses a traffic cone to cross the street to the apartment building. Seeing the toys' tracks leading to an air vent and hearing their voices coming through the vent, Buzz follows them and grabs hold onto the bottom of the elevator as it rises to level 23. He catches up with New Buzz and the toys in Al's Penthouse as they grab Woody and head toward the vent, where he stops them, and in a brief argument, he opens New Buzz's helmet, causing the other Buzz to suffocate under toxic air, and shows to the toys Andy's name on the bottom of the boot to prove he is the Buzz they know. He attempts to persuade Woody to come back with him and make him remember what being a toy means by (ironically) using Woody's words from the first film, but Woody tells him that he intends to go to the Konishi Toy Museum with his Roundup gang and that Buzz has wasted his time coming over to the rescue.
As a disappointed Buzz and the other toys leave the penthouse, Woody tells Buzz that being in a museum is his only chance, to which Buzz says a rather upset farewell to Woody, warning him that he will end up spending the rest of his life watching kids from behind glass and never being loved again, and leaves him to contemplate his decision. However, Woody eventually comes to his senses of what being a toy means and calls Buzz back to let him know that he is coming with him, making Buzz and the other toys relieved, but Stinky Pete the Prospector separates the two, determined to get Woody, along with the rest of the Roundup gang, to Japan, where he will never face upstart space toys, especially Buzz, whom he detests. After Al packs his Roundup collection into his case and leaves the Penthouse, Buzz and the toys run back to their elevator, only to encounter Zurg, who has followed the trails of Andy's Buzz.
After New Buzz jumps into battle with Zurg, Andy's Buzz and the other toys jump onto the elevator, head for the emergency hatch, open it, and attempt to fish Woody out of the case using Slinky. After Al steps out of the elevator and out of the apartment lobby, Mr. Potato Head throws his hat like a Frisbee to jam the closing doors, allowing Buzz and the others to pass through. Outside, Mr. Potato Head spots an idling Pizza Planet delivery truck nearby, and Buzz orders them to climb aboard the truck as he runs into New Buzz one last time when the other Buzz is playing catch with his "father," Zurg. Andy's Buzz bids New Buzz farewell, then he climbs aboard the truck and assigns the toys to their positions (taking the pedals, navigating, and operating the levers and knobs). He takes control of a steering wheel as Rex navigates him to chase Al's car to the airport. Arriving at Tri-County International Airport, Buzz spots Al just checking in his case, then he and the toys use a pet carrier to walk into the airport lobby and enter a maze of conveyor belts, where he tells the toys to split their search.
Finally, Buzz catches up with the case containing Woody, but when he opens it, he is punched off the ramp by Stinky Pete. However, he manages to catch up with the rest of the toys as they use a flash camera from another luggage to stun the Prospector seconds before he can finish Woody off. After Buzz captures Stinky Pete, Woody decides to teach the Prospector the "true meaning of playtime" and tells Buzz to shove him into a Barbie backpack belonging to a girl named Amy. After Stinky Pete is disposed of, the toys call to Woody and Buzz as Bullseye emerges out of the case in time, but Woody is unable to rescue Jessie as the case reaches the end of the conveyor belt routine and is loaded into a luggage transporter. Buzz then assists Woody in rescuing Jessie as they mount Bullseye and gallop across the airfield. Woody stands on Buzz's shoulder to reach for and grab hold of a tag attached to one of the luggages, but becomes separated from Buzz; nevertheless, Buzz instructs Bullseye to follow Woody, as the two eventually catch up with Woody and Jessie who have emerged out of the plane.
Galloping next to the plane's front wheels, Buzz catches Woody's hat when it is blown off from Woody's head. As the plane heads down the runway, Woody tells Buzz to get behind the tires, then, using his pull-string, he and Jessie swing between the tires and land on Bullseye right behind Buzz. Together, they watch triumphantly as the plane takes off from the runway and disappear into the sky. Buzz gives Woody his hat back, but their celebration of triumph is cut short by another plane about to make a touchdown. Woody decides that the toys go home.
Back at Andy's house, after Jessie and Bullseye are accepted into Andy's toy collection, Buzz tries to gather up his courage to talk to Jessie, describing her as a "young woman with a beautiful yarnful of hair, a hairful of yarn." As he decides to go after becoming his embarrassment overcomes him, Jessie grabs him and describes him as the "sweetest space toy" she has ever met, and the two seem to enter a relationship together, especially after witnessing Jessie perform a stunt with the Hot Wheels car and track to jump to the door handle to let Buster out of the room (Buzz's wings automatically open up in astonishment).
Buzz later walks up to Woody and asks him if he is still worried about Andy growing up. Woody replies that he isn't worried anymore, and that when it's old over, he will have old Buzz Lightyear to keep him company "for infinity and beyond," the answer to which Buzz agrees. Finally, Buzz and Woody are seen with their respective "girlfriends," Jessie and Bo Peep, as they watch a newly-fixed Wheezy sing "You've Got a Friend in Me."Buzz also has two alternate incarnations in Toy Story 2.
"Video Game" Buzz
"Video Game" Buzz is a character that appeared only in a Nintendo-like video game played by Rex at the beginning of Toy Story 2. He infiltrates Zurg's fortress "through the main gate" and battles against Zurg, but loses.
Utility Belt Buzz
For character details, see main article at Utility Belt Buzz.
Toy Story 3
In Toy Story 3, Buzz is first seen in the film's opening sequence that takes place in Andy's real-world imagination, when he lifts up a train that has fell into a ravine due to a railroad bridge that is destroyed by One-Eyed Bart (Mr. Potato Head's character), saving the lives of Woody and the orphans. He then flies off to catch the criminals and fires his laser to slice the corvette, in which Bart and his goons are riding, in half. As Woody and Jessie are about to arrest the criminals, Buzz catches sight of a spaceship, and realizes that it is Evil Dr. Porkchop (Hamm's character). When Dr. Porkchop executes "Death by Monkeys", thousands of monkeys swarm over Buzz, Woody, and Jessie, holding them hostage as Bart prepares to blast the three heroes into oblivion. Back in Andy's room, Andy himself brings the scenario to a close by using his fingers to trace Buzz's laser reflecting off Woody's badge to "destroy" the "spaceship" and allowing Woody to arrest Bart and his goons. Years later, when a 17-year-old Andy prepares to depart for college, Buzz and Woody set up another staff meeting. When Andy's mother asks him what he is going to do with his toys, Andy opens his toy box and puts many of his toys in a trash bag.
When Andy pulls out Woody and Buzz, he begins to ponder what he should do about them, and he puts Buzz in the bag and Woody in a box bound for college. However, Andy's mother mistakes the bag full of toys as trash and carries the bag outside to be picked up by an approaching garbage truck, prompting Woody to rush over to rescue his friends. The toys manage to escape the bag as Woody spots them running into the garage hidden under a bin. Woody tries to clear up the misunderstanding, but Buzz and the others, believing that Andy does not want them anymore, declare that they will go to Sunnyside Daycare. There, Buzz meets Lotso and the other Sunnyside toys as Lotso gives him a big hug, shows the toys around Sunnyside, and assigns them to the Caterpillar Room. Buzz wants to start a new life at Sunnyside with the rest of the toys, much to Woody's chagrin. When Woody decides to go back, Buzz reaches his hand out for a handshake to say goodbye, but Woody ignores Buzz and walks away.
On the first day, however, just before the Caterpillar Room toddlers enter and they expect playtime, Buzz notices several of the toys trying to hide just as they are about to enter, giving away an early clue at the Caterpillar Room's true nature. During a rough and savage playtime with the toddlers, boy snatches Buzz away from another boy who wants to play with him, a girl licks on his helmet, and another girl uses him as a hammer. Landing on the ledge next to the window, Buzz then notices the kindergarten children in the Butterfly Room playing with Lotso and his toy gang respectfully, making him wonder why it is peaceful in the Butterfly Room and a nightmare in the Caterpillar Room.
That evening, Buzz regrets having moved into the Caterpillar Room and wants him and the other toys to be moved with Lotso, so he sneaks out of the room, with help from the other toys, to find him. Following a few of Lotso's henchmen, he sneaks into the vending machine and climbs to the very top, only to overhear what the Sunnyside toys are planning to do with Buzz and his friends. However, just as Buzz is about to leave the vending machine, he bumps into Big Baby, who has just entered and throws Buzz onto the table, and Lotso's henchmen capture him and bring him to Lotso.After listening to Buzz's request, Lotso offers the transfer only to him, believing that the kids in the Caterpillar Room need some toys to play with. This makes Buzz refuse Lotso's offer, believing he and his friend stay together as a family, but then Lotso orders his gang to have Buzz restrained and open his back compartment for the gang to access a "Play-Demo" switch and a reset hole, which leads to his two different personalities later on.
Not to be confused with Evil Buzz Lightyear.
Bad Buzz is a personality of Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story 3. He is Andy's Buzz Lightyear after Lotso switches Buzz to his "Demo" mode. After being reset into his "Demo" mode, Buzz thinks he is a real Space Ranger again and loses all the memory of his friends. Lotso then takes this chance to manipulate Buzz to be his henchmen by making him think Andy's toys to be minions of Emperor Zurg, and Buzz captures Andy's toys and imprisons them in their cells in the Caterpillar Room. He then sets up the standards and rules for the toy prisoners and orders them to follow them, warning them that anyone who acts otherwise will spend the night in the sandbox.
The next day, Buzz catches Hamm playing a harmonica inside his cell and orders him to keep quiet. Lotso and his gang enters the room to wake up the prisoners, then take Buzz back to "Star Command". When Woody returns to Sunnyside, he formulates a plan to help the toys escape. After finding out that Buzz has become a real space ranger again, Woody decides to restore Buzz back to his normal self. That night, Buzz and Ken walk along the cells, taking name calls, and while the two, with Big Baby venture out to get Mr. Potato Head, Woody and Slinky venture off to subdue the Monkey who monitors the security cameras in the daycare center. After Buzz returns to the Caterpillar Room, Rex and Hamm distract Buzz by having a small fight. As Buzz tries to break the fight (as hitting people is his job), Jessie and Bullseye emerge out from their cells. Jessie calls to Buzz to get his attention, then she and Bullseye slam a plastic storage bin on Buzz.
Rex and Hamm stand on the bin, trapping Buzz, who tries to break free by ramming the bin and using his laser, but to no avail. Banging on the top of the bin, he tries to call for help because of a prison riot. Rex and Hamm tell Buzz that they can't hear him, but when they turn to see Woody, Slinky, and Barbie return to the room, Buzz takes this advantage to execute an acrobatic move to kick the bin off. He then attempts to escape, alerting Star Command that he has been "taken hostage by my own prisoners," but Woody orders Rex and Hamm to hold Buzz down.
As Buzz struggles to wrench himself free and demands his prisoners to unhand him, Barbie unscrews his back compartment for Woody to access the "Play-Demo" switch. When flicking the switch doesn't work, Hamm reads a Buzz Lightyear instruction manual (which is retrieved from the Bookworm by Barbie under the disguise of "Spacesuit Ken") on the steps on how to reset Buzz. Thinking fast, Woody then orders Rex to insert his finger into the reset hole below the switch and hold it long enough to cause Buzz to shut down for a brief second.
Spanish BuzzJust as Rex feels ashamed for what he has done to Buzz, Buzz suddenly springs back to life, still thinking he is a real space ranger, but starts speaking in a different language—Spanish—much to the shock of the other toys. Told by Woody that the toys are "amigos" to Buzz, Buzz faithfully rejoins their side. As the toys catch up with the others, Buzz is charmed by Jessie's beauty, calling her his beautiful "desert flower." Jessie is at first uncertain about Buzz's attitude, but then Buzz starts performing a salsa dance to gain the affections of Jessie, who finally starts to like Buzz.
As Buzz offers a dandelion for Jessie, Woody catches up with the toys, and Jessie runs to Woody and hugs him, making Buzz jealous as he throws down the dandelion in envy. After the toys reach a trash chute (the only way out of Sunnyside as the Chatter Telephone has told Woody about earlier), Woody calls to Buzz for help, but Buzz, whose concern is to impress Jessie even more, performs an acrobatic stunt by leaping toward a broom, swinging around it, then jumping to the handle of the chute, hooking his feet on the handle, and pulling it down. Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and the other toys go through the chute, but at the end of a chute is an open dumpster, and Buzz wonders where his spaceship is.
When the toys get loaded into a garbage truck, they rush toward Buzz because his glow-in-the-dark functionality allows him to be easily spotted. When the garbage truck loads more garbage into the truck, Buzz searches frantically for Jessie. Finding her caught under some trash, Buzz rushes over to free Jessie and carry her to safety, but Mrs. Potato Head suddenly shouts, "Look out!" Buzz then looks up to see a broken TV falling towards him, then he throws Jessie over to the toys as the TV falls on him. Jessie becomes shocked to see her rescuer get flattened by the TV, so she rushes over to try to lift it up.
Back to Normal
The toys help Jessie lift the TV, and with help from Slinky, they pull a limp and unconscious Buzz out of the TV by his arms. Jessie opens Buzz's helmet and frantically shakes him, then, feeling it was her fault that she let Buzz be crushed to unconsciousness, begins sobbing over his apparent "death." When Buzz comes back to life, he briefly sniffs the outside air, then notices all the toys staring at him and speaks English once again, having come to his senses. Jessie is relieved and overjoyed to see that Buzz is alive from death as she kisses Buzz repeatedly on his cheek, thanking him for saving her from being buried alive.
Buzz is confused and wondered what went on. As Woody tells Buzz that he has gone "beyond infinity", Buzz is overjoyed to see Woody as he recognizes him, a sign that his memory has been restored (although unaware of his Spanish mode as well as the events of his brainwashing). After the toys are dumped at the Tri-County Landfill, they are pushed onto a garbage conveyor belt. Seeing that they are heading toward a set of garbage shredders, Buzz orders the toys to grab hold of something metal so that they hang from the magnetic ceiling, safe from the shredders. Just then, Lotso calls for help from under a golf bag, and Woody drops down to free Lotso. Seeing the danger Woody has put himself in, Buzz also drops down to assist Woody, and the two use one of the golf clubs to pry up the bag, letting Lotso crawl out, and they all grab onto the club to be pulled up to the ceiling, narrowly escaping the shredders that pulverizes the golf bag.
The toys then realize that they are heading toward an incinerator, and try to run for it, but are unable to outrun the speed of the conveyor belt. Lotso notices an emergency stop button on the top of a ladder, and Buzz and Woody rush over to help Lotso climb up the ladder toward the button, but Lotso turns away, leaving the toys to die in the incinerator. When the toys are dropped into a large bowl toward the flames, Jessie frantically asks Buzz what the toys are going to do next, and Buzz, coming to realize that he and his friends are deprived of any escape chance, takes Jessie's hand with one arm as they finally admit their feeling for each other inside themselves. The other toys do the same as they realize that they are now facing death, and Buzz reaches his other arm out to take Woody's hand. The toys are rescued at the last moment by a giant claw commandeered by the Aliens. Once outside, Buzz and Jessie sit up find themselves still holding hands, and they smile at each other.
They tell Woody that they still need to get him home, but when Woody expresses his worry about how the toys will handle their lives in the attic, Buzz and Jessie remind Woody that they are Andy's toys and that their job is to be there for him. The toys return to Andy's house by hitching a ride in Sid's garbage truck, and Woody washes some grime off Buzz's helmet with a garden hose. After climbing back up to Andy's room, Woody and Buzz shake hands, unable to admit that the two friends are now separating ways after all they have been through. As footsteps approach the room, Buzz bids his best friend farewell and climbs into a box bound for attic along with the other toys.
However, Woody believes that the toys deserve a better place than the attic so while Andy is saying farewell to Molly and Buster (who is now an old dog), he writes a note telling Andy to donate the toys to Bonnie's house. Andy reads the note, decides to donate the toys, and drives over to Bonnie's house, where he gives his toys, including Buzz, to Bonnie Anderson and spends the last playtime with his toys before departing for college. After Andy leaves, Buzz comforts Woody, who is given to Bonnie as well, as they accept that their life with Andy is complete, and Woody introduces Buzz to Bonnie's toys.
During the end credits, Woody reads to the toys a message from Sunnyside, which Buzz thinks it is written by Barbie, based on the girlish handwriting, only for Jessie to pinpoint Ken's signature at the end, making the trio exchange uncertain looks. It is also shown that Bonnie has made drawing for her toys, including Buzz and others given to her from Andy. Finally, Jessie takes advantage of Buzz's Spanish personality, and the two perform a paso doble to "Hay Un Amigo En Mi", the Spanish version of the song "You've Got a Friend in Me," to amusement of Woody and the others.
Toy Story Toons
Buzz and Rex are taken by Bonnie to Poultry Palace, where Bonnie pretends to be sliding into hot lava in the ball pin. When Bonnie is not looking, a diminutive Fun Meal Buzz Lightyear switches place with Buzz and is taken home instead. When the real Buzz comes to, the restaurant is closed. Unable to get through the front door, Buzz goes through the vents, only to fall into the basement, where he meets a support group for discarded Fun Meal Toys. Buzz is mistaken for another abandoned Fun Meal Toy and is encouraged to join the group. Buzz begrudgingly does so, as he has no other way out other than the vent in the ceiling. While doing role-play with Lizard Wizard to simulate a child abandoning his toy, the group leader, Queen Neptuna, suggests he move over to Gary Grappling Hook, whom Buzz uses to get back into the vent. Making his way back into the vent, Buzz figures that the only exit not locked is the drive thru window, which he uses to escape. Upon arriving home, he finds his friends, who have tied up Fun Meal Buzz to a glue bottle, devising a plan on how to rescue him, before revealing himself. Afterwards, Buzz takes his diminutive counterpart to Poultry Palace to add him to the support group and serves as his "sponsor."
Toy Story of Terror!
Buzz is seen on a road trip with Bonnie to her grandmother's house, watching a scary movie with the other toys. When they are forced to stop off at the Sleep Well motel for the night, after Woody warns Mr. Potato Head not to wander off because he might get lost, he leaves anyway and disappears and Buzz, Woody and Jessie go to search for him, and eventually come across his arm. A monster (later revealed to be Mr. Jones) is seen snatching up all the toys, and takes the arm, Buzz and Woody, leaving Jessie alone by herself. It is later revealed that Buzz, along with all the other toys, were taken to Ron's office, where he sells the toys on Ebay. The toys are all later saved by Jessie when she opens the cabinet, and when they leave to check out, Bonnie and her mother notice the toys in the background and retrieve them. Buzz along with all the other toys continue their road trip.
Toy Story That Time Forgot
Buzz first appears in the special when Bonnie takes some of her toys to Mason's house. He walks around the Battlesaur playsets. Later, when it is revealed that the Battlesaurs are not aware that they're toys, Buzz tries to explain to The Cleric what they are, but he is shrugged off. Later, Buzz along with Woody are seen being thrown into the Battlesaurs arena, where they are forced to fight. When they lose, The Cleric reveals he knows he's a toy, realizes he can't let them reveal his secret to the other Battlesaurs and orders them to be destroyed.
Buzz and Woody started off as rivals but after Woody saved Buzz's life, the two became good friends and have been ever since.
Buzz instantly fell in love with Jessie at the end of Toy Story 2. Their relationship developed more in Toy Story 3.
When Buzz first met Lotso, he considered him a friend. However after Lotso left him and the toys to be killed at the incinerator, Buzz's friendship with Lotso was short.
- Wrist Laser
- Pop Out Wings
- Retractable Helmet
- Flip out wrist communicator
- Karate Chop Action
- Demo Mode
- Spanish Mode
From Official Website:
|“||Buzz Lightyear is a heroic space ranger action figure, complete with laser beam, karate-chop action and pop-out wings. Buzz is a boy's dream toy who becomes a quick favorite of young Andy, and the closest of buddies with Woody. While Buzz's sole mission used to be defeating the evil Emperor Zurg, what he now cares about most is keeping his toy family together. Buzz's new mission is sidetracked along the way, however, when his journey brings out surprising aspects of his personality even he didn't know existed.||”|
Along with Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Lotso, Bo Peep and the Green Army Men, Buzz also can be seen in Disney parks in the Toy Story live shows or meeting young children.
- Buzz's fictional home planet is the planet of Morph.
- It is interesting to note that in every Toy Story film there is one delusional Buzz Lightyear toy who believes he is a space ranger.
- In the first film, it was the current Buzz Lightyear who believed he was a space ranger until he learned he was just a toy.
- In the second film, when the toys went to Al's Toy Barn, Buzz was attacked by another newer Buzz Lightyear after Buzz tried to take newer Buzz's belt, and was placed in a display box while the other delusional Buzz went with the Woody search group after hearing Rex say he found the secret to beating Zurg (in a video game).
- In the third film, Lotso kidnapped Buzz and reset him to Demo mode where he lost his memories and reverted to his delusional Buzz state. When his friends attempted to reset him, they found they couldn't reset him by putting him back to normal mode and instead accidentally reset him to delusional Buzz in Spanish mode. He later regained his memories and his current persona when he was hit by a TV set while saving Jessie.
- Buzz is similar to Bolt from the 2008 film of the same name, as both believe to possess their TV shows' super powers, and yet, they do not have them. It is then later that both heroes realize (and admit) it.
- The role of Buzz Lightyear was originally offered to Billy Crystal who turned it down, a move he later admitted regretting. Crystal eventually voiced Mike Wazowski, a character in Monsters, Inc.. Also, Bill Murray and Jim Carrey were also considered for the role.
- What attracted Tim Allen to the role of Buzz Lightyear, was before him they offered the role to his biggest influence in his career, Chevy Chase, who turned it down.
- Buzz quotes Admiral James T. Kirk from Star Trek (1966) when he remarks, "There seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere..."
- Buzz does a Vulcan salute from the Star Trek series when saying "Farewell" to Woody at the gas station, when leaving Andy's house to embark on his mission to rescue Woody, and when saying "Farewell" to the other Buzz who is playing catch with Emperor Zurg.
- Buzz makes a cameo in Finding Nemo, as a toy that was in the dentist's waiting room.
- The Lightyear Blimp in the movie Cars is a reference to Buzz Lightyear, and is also a parody of the Goodyear Blimp.
- Buzz appears during the end credits of Cars as a car, arguing with Woody. He is a Space Rover, and Woody is a woody station wagon.
- All Piston Cup racers' tires in Cars are branded as "Lightyear," both a reference to Buzz Lightyear and a play on the name Goodyear (an actual tire manufacturer).
- The original script for Toy Story 3 had Buzz and his entire toy line recalled back to Taiwan (where the Buzz Lightyear toys are made) due to a defect. Apparently, that defect could have explained why Buzz and his toy line believed themselves to be real space rangers. While this plot idea was ultimately scrapped, the final script did still include an explanation as to why the entire toyline had at the very least initial delusional beliefs to being the real Buzz Lightyear (as apparently they are pre-set to Demo Mode when first made).
- In only the North American release of Toy Story 2, Buzz gives out his speech with the US flag in the backdrop and the US national anthem, the "Star-Spangled Banner," playing in the background, similar to the way General Patton did in Patton' (1970).
- The colors on Buzz are the favorites of John Lasseter (lime green) and his wife, Nancy (purple).
- Buzz's facial features are loosely based after Lasseter.
- Buzz was based on the G.I. Joe toys from the 1960s.
- In one of the Toy Story films, Buzz flies over the river from A Bug's Life.
- In an episode of House of Mouse, Donald Duck dresses up like Buzz.
- Buzz along with Woody were at one point planned to appear as new summons in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, but this idea was scrapped.
- Buzz was nominated for AFI's 100 Years...100 Heroes and Villains. One of three animated heroes appear on the list, along with Belle and Peter Pan. Unfortunately, none of them made the list.
- Buzz Lightyear's catchphrase "To infinity and beyond!" was also said by Flik in one of the outtakes of A Bug's Life, as well as Tim Allen's character, as a dog, in another Disney film The Shaggy Dog (2006).
- Buzz is 11.43 inches tall, and his helmet adds 0.37 inches.
- Buzz has 215 animation avatars in his face.
- The quality of Buzz's voice box deteriorated within the ten years between Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3, and is now on par with Woody's sound quality (and the original Thinkway Buzz Lightyear action figure).
- Buzz and Jessie's dance moves during the end credits of Toy Story 3 were choreographed by Tony Dovolani and Cheryl Burke of Dancing with the Stars.
- In Toy Story, you can see copyright Disney on Buzz's butt, but in Toy Story 2 and 3, it says Disney/Pixar.
- A parody of Buzz Lightyear appeared in the Mad episode "The Buzz Identity/Two and a Half Man."
- In Toy Story 2, when Utility Belt Buzz was putting Andy's Buzz on the shelf, the string that was tied on Buzz's left hand in the cardboard box was missing.
- Buzz has labels on his rear end. In Toy Story, he had a label that said "Disney," which was shown when he attempted to fly out of the window at Sid's house, and in Toy Story 3, he had a Disney/Pixar label that was shown just before he was picked up by a child at Sunnyside.
- Buzz is mentioned in the song Boyfriend by Justin Bieber.
- The characters that Buzz and Zurg are based on from whatever they're from in the Toy Story universe, are spoofs of Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader in the sense that they parody one of the few last scenes in Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back, where Zurg claims he's Buzz's father just like Vader did to Luke, as the Zurg and Utility Belt Buzz in Toy Story 2 think they're the real versions of themselves and fight in a parody in the Luke/Vader fight in Star Wars.
- When Toy Story was being made, Buzz wasn't going to be in the main plot. Tinny was going to be in his place. But John Lasseter decided a tin toy wouldn't be a good toy for a boy, so Tinny was scrapped and Lasseter decided to put in a military/space character that a boy would want so badly. When names came around, the original two were Lunar Larry and Tempis from Morph.
- Stinky Pete said that space rangers sold more than the 50's cowboys, which makes it so Buzz's predecessors have been around since the early or late 60's.
- The use of flashes by Buzz to stun Stinky Pete in Toy Story 2 is similar to (and possibly in reference to) the use of flashes by Homer and Bart to stun malfunctioning robots in the 1994 Simpsons episode "Itchy & Scratchy Land." This was in turn a reference to Michael Crichton's movie Westworld.
- Based on him still functioning after being hit by both water from a water hose in Toy Story 3 and a tidal wave of water when the bathroom door burst out in Partysaurus Rex, Buzz Lightyear is likely waterproof.
- Buzz tends to mispronounce words. For example, he mispronounces the word "S'mores" as "Schmoes", and in Hawaiian Vacation he mispronounces Hawaii as "Hay-way-I". Woody corrects him both times.
- Buzz appeared at the 2016 Oscars with Woody and the Aliens, where they announced that Inside Out won the Best Animated Feature Film award.
- "I am Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace."
"There's a secret mission, in uncharted space! Let's go."
"Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!"
"To infinity.. and beyond!"
- —Some of Buzz Lightyear's voice box phrases
From Toy Story
- "To infinity, and beyond!"
- —Buzz Lightyear's famous catchphrase
- "Buzz Lightyear to Star Command. Come in, Star Command. Star Command, come in. Do you read me? Why don't they answer? (He gasps at the sight of his ripped "spaceship") My ship! Blast! This'll take weeks to repair! Buzz Lightyear mission log, stardate 4-0-7-2. My ship has run off course en route to sector 12. I've crash-landed on a strange planet. The impact must've awoken me from hypersleep. Terrain seems a bit unstable. No readout yet if the air is breathable. And there seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere."
- —Buzz Lightyear, first lines
- Woody: "Hello!" (Buzz gasps and fires his "laser beam" at him) "Ah! Whoa! H-Hey! Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Did I frighten you? Didn't mean to. Sorry. Howdy! My name is Woody. And this is Andy's room. That's all I wanted to say. And also, there has been a bit of a mix-up. This is my spot, see, the bed here."
- Buzz: "Local law enforcement! It's about time you got here. I'm Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger, Universe Protection Unit. My ship has crash-landed here by mistake."
- Woody: "Yes, it is a mistake because, you see, the bed here is my spot."
- Buzz: "I need to repair my turbo boosters. Do you people still use fossil fuel, or have you discovered crystallite fusion?"
- Woody: "Well, let's see. We got double-A's."
- Buzz: "Watch yourself!"
- ―Buzz Lightyear, first encounter with Woody[src]
- Buzz: "Halt! Who goes there?"
- Rex: "Don't shoot! It's okay! Friends!"
- Buzz: "Do you know these life-forms?"
- Woody: "Yes! They're Andy's toys."
- Buzz: "All right, everyone, you're clear to come up. I am Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace."
- Rex: "Oh, I'm so glad you're not a dinosaur!"
- Buzz: "Bye-bye. Thank you! Now, thank you all for your kind welcome!"
- ―Buzz Lightyear meets Andy's toys for the first time[src]
- Hamm: "So, uh, where you from? Singapore? Hong Kong?"
- Buzz: "Well, no. Actually, I-I'm stationed up in the Gamma Quadrant of Sector Four. As a member of the elite Universe Protection Unit of the Space Ranger Corps, I protect the galaxy from the threat of invasion from the evil Emperor Zurg, sworn enemy of the Galactic Alliance."
- ―Hamm and Buzz Lightyear[src]
- Woody: "You'd think they'd never seen a new toy before."
- Bo Peep: "Well, sure. Look at him. He's got more gadgets on him then a Swiss Army knife."
- ―Woody and Bo Peep on the Buzz Lightyear action figure[src]
Mr. Potato Head: "Hey, a laser! How come you don't have a laser, Woody?"
Woody: "It's not a laser! It's a... It's a little light bulb that blinks!"
Hamm: "What's with him?"
Mr. Potato Head: "Laser envy."
Woody: "All right, that's enough! Look, we're all very impressed with Andy's new toy."
Woody: "T-O-Y. Toy!"
Buzz: "Excuse me, I-I think the word you're searching for is 'Space Ranger.'"
Woody: "The word I'm searching for I can't say because there's preschool toys present."
- Rex: "Oh, uh, Mr. Lightyear, uh, now, I'm curious. What does a Space Ranger actually do?"
Woody: "He's not a Space Ranger! He doesn't fight evil or, or shoot lasers or fly!"
Buzz: "Excuse me." (opens his wings)
Hamm: "Oh, impressive wingspan! Very good!"
Woody: "Oh, what? What? These are plastic. He can't fly!"
Buzz: "They are a terillium-carbonic alloy, and I can fly."
Woody: "No, you can't."
Buzz: (sighs) "Yes, I can."
Woody: "You can't!"
Woody: "Can't! Can't! Can't!"
Buzz: "I tell you, I could fly around this room with my eyes closed!"
Woody: "Okay, then, Mr. Light Beer, prove it."
Buzz: "All right, then, I will. Stand back, everyone! To infinity and beyond!"
- —Buzz opens his wings and have an argument with Woody about the capability of flying, which leads to his demonstration
- Buzz: "Can!"
Rex: "Whoa! Oh, wow, you flew magnificently!"
Bo Peep: "I found my movin' buddy!"
Buzz: "Thank you. Th-Thank you all. Thank you."
Woody: "That wasn't flying! That was... falling with style!"
Mr. Potato Head: "Man, the dolls must really go for you! Can you teach me that?"
- —Buzz, after he "flies," and the toys, all except Woody, applaud
- Woody: "Listen, Light Snack, you stay away from Andy. He's mine, and no one is taking him away from me."
Buzz: "What are you talking about?" (turns to Robot) "Where's that bonding strip?"
Woody: "And another thing: Stop with this spaceman thing! It's getting on my nerves!"
Buzz: "Are you saying you wanna lodge a complaint with Star Command?"
Woody: "Oh-ho, okay! Ooh, well, so you wanna do it the hard way, huh?
Buzz: "Don't even think about it, cowboy!"
Woody: "Oh, yeah, tough guy?" (pushes Buzz in the chest, accidentally opening Buzz's helmet; Buzz gasps for air)
Buzz: (sniffs the air) "The air isn't... toxic. (snaps at Woody) How dare you open a spaceman's helmet on a uncharted planet! My eyeballs could've been sucked from their sockets!" (closes his helmet)
Woody: "You actually think you're the Buzz Lightyear?" (laughs) "Oh, all this time I thought it was an act! Hey, guys, look! It's the real Buzz Lightyear!"
Buzz: "You're mocking me, aren't you?"
Woody: "Oh, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. Buzz, look, an alien!"
Woody: (bursts out laughing)
- —Buzz Lightyear, when Woody confronts him
- Buzz: "What's going on?"
Woody: "Nothing that concerns you spacemen; just us toys."
Buzz: "I'd better take a look anyway. (sees a Combat Carl) Why is that soldier strapped to an explosive device?"
Woody: "That's why: Sid."
Buzz: (sees the dog instead) "Hmm, sure is a hairy fella."
Woody: "No, no, that's Scud, you idiot! That is Sid!"
Buzz: "You mean that happy child?"
Mr. Potato Head: "That ain't no happy child."
Rex: "He tortures toys, just for fun!"
Buzz: "Well, then we've got to do something!" (jumps onto the windowsill)
Bo Peep: "What are you doing? Get down from there!"
Buzz: "I'm gonna teach that boy a lesson."
Woody: "Yeah, sure. You go ahead. Melt him with your scary laser." (activates Buzz's laser)
Buzz: "Be careful with that! It's extremely dangerous."
- —Buzz checks to see Sid preparing to blow up a Combat Carl
- Woody: "Buzz! Oh, Buzz! Buzz Lightyear!" (panting) "Buzz Lightyear, thank goodness! We've got trouble!"
Buzz: "Trouble? Where?"
Woody: "Down there. Just down there. A helpless toyl it's...it's trapped, Buzz!"
Buzz: "Then we've no time to lose!" (runs over to look) "I don't see anything!"
Woody: "Oh, he's there! Just, just keep looking!" (sends RC in the direction of Buzz)
Buzz: "What kind of toy...?" (gasps as seeing RC, and dives out of the way)
- —Woody tricks Buzz
- Woody: "Buzz! Buzz! Ha! You're alive! This is great! Oh, I'm saved! I'm saved! Andy'll find you here; he'll take us back to the room; and then you can tell everyone that this was all just a big mistake. Huh? Right?" (panting) "Buddy?"
Buzz: "I just want you to know that even though you tried to terminate me, revenge is not an idea we promote on my planet."
Woody: "Oh. Well, that's good."
Buzz: "But we're not on my planet, ARE we?"
- —Buzz Lightyear confronts Woody at the gas station
- Buzz: "According to my nava-computer, the..."
Woody: "Shut up! Just shut up, you idiot!"
Buzz: "Sheriff, this is no time to panic."
Woody: "This is the perfect time to panic! I'm lost. Andy is gone. They're gonna move from their house in two days, and it's all your fault!"
Buzz: "My... My fault?! If you hadn't pushed me out of the window in the first place...!"
Woody: "Oh, yeah? Well, if you hadn't shown up in your stupid little cardboard spaceship and taken away everything that was important to me...!"
Buzz: "Don't talk to me about importance! Because of you the security of this entire universe is in jeopardy!"
Woody: "What?! What are you talkin' about?!"
Buzz: "Right now, poised away at the edge of the galaxy, Emperor Zurg has been secretly building a weapon with the destructive capacity to annihilate an entire planet! I alone have information that reveals this weapon's only weakness. And you, my friend, are responsible for delaying my rendezvous with Star Command!"
Woody: "YOU... ARE... A... TOY!! You aren't the real Buzz Lightyear! You're a... Oh, you're an action figure! You are a child's plaything!"
Buzz: "You are a sad, strange little man; and you have my pity. Farewell."
Woody: "Oh, yeah? Well, good riddance, ya loony!"
- —Buzz and Woody at the Dinoco Gas Station
- Woody: “Buzz! Hey, Buzz! Are you okay?”
Buzz: “Gone! It's all gone! Oh, it's gone. Bye-bye! Whoo-hoo! See ya!”
Woody: “What happened to you?”
Buzz: “One minute you're defending the whole galaxy, and suddenly you find yourself sucking down Darjeeling with Marie Antoinette and her little sister.”
Woody: “I think you've had enough tea for today. Let's get you out of here, Buzz.”
Buzz: “Don't you get it? You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbit!” (laughs hysterically)
Woody: “Snap out of it, Buzz!” (opens Buzz's helmet, slaps his head with his severed arm, then closes the helmet)
Buzz: “I'm sorry. You're right. I'm just a little depressed, that's all. I can get through this. Oh, I'm a sham!”
Woody: “Sh-h-h-h-h! Quiet, Buzz!”
Buzz: “Look at me! I can't even fly out of a window! Did the hat look good? Tell me the hat looked good! The apron is a bit much, it's not my color...”
Woody: “Out the window: Buzz, you're a genius! (pulling Buzz) Come on, this way!”
Buzz: “Years of Academy training wasted!”
- —Woody and Buzz, after Hannah's little "tea party"
- Woody: "Psst! Psst! Hey, Buzz! (picks up a washer and throws it at Buzz, striking his helmet) Hey! Get over here and see if you can get this toolbox off me. (Buzz doesn't respond) Oh, come on, Buzz. I...Buzz, I can't do this without you. I need your help."
Buzz: (solemnly, dejectedly) "I can't help. I can't help anyone."
Woody: "Why, sure you can, Buzz. You can get me out of here and then I'll get that rocket off you, and we'll make a break for Andy's house."
Buzz: "Andy's house, Sid's house, what's the difference?"
Woody: "Oh, Buzz, you've had a big fall. You must not be thinking clearly."
Buzz: "No, Woody, for the first time I am thinking clearly. You were right all along. I'm not a Space Ranger. I'm just a toy, a stupid little insignificant toy."
Woody: "Whoa, hey, wait a minute. Being a toy is a lot better than being a Space Ranger."
Buzz: "Yeah, right."
Woody: "No, it is. Look, over in that house is a kid who thinks you are the greatest, and it's not because you're a Space Ranger, pal. It's because you're a toy. You are his toy!"
Buzz: "But why would Andy want me?"
Woody: "Why would Andy want you? Look at you! You're a Buzz Lightyear! Any other toy would give up his moving parts just to be you. You've got wings! You glow in the dark! You talk! Your helmet does that...that...that 'whoosh' thing. You are a cool toy! As a matter of fact you're too cool. I mean -- I mean what chance does a toy like me have against a Buzz Lightyear action figure? All I could do is...(pulls on his back string to play the message "There's a snake in my boot.") Why would Andy ever want to play with me, when he's got you? I'm the one who should be strapped in that rocket. (pause as Buzz comes to accept the situation) Listen Buzz, forget about me. You should get out of here while you can. (turns to see that Buzz is gone, then sees that Buzz has begun to push the toolbox off) Buzz! What are you doing? I thought you were..."
Buzz: "Come on, Sheriff. There's a kid over in that house who needs us. Now let's get you out of this thing."
Woody: "Yes sir! Come on, Buzz! We can do it!"
- —Woody declaring how Andy loves having Buzz Lightyear and Buzz eventually coming to his senses and helping Woody in his different personality
- Woody: "Ahhh! This is the part where we blow up!"
- Buzz: "Not today!"
- ―Woody and Buzz, as they go skyrocketing[src]
Buzz: "This isn't flying. This is falling, with style!"
Woody: "Ha ha! To infinity and beyond! (they pass over the moving truck) Uh, Buzz? We missed the truck!"
Buzz: "We're not aiming for the truck!"
- Woody: "Buzz, Buzz Lightyear, you are not worried, are you?"
Buzz: "Me? No, no-no. Are you?"
Woody: "Now, Buzz, what could Andy possibly get that is worse than you?"
- —Woody and Buzz, last dialogue in Toy Story, when Andy is opening his Christmas presents
From Toy Story 2
- Rex: "Oh, no! NO!! No, no, no, no, no!"
Buzz: "Oh, you almost had it."
Rex: "I'm never gonna defeat Zurg!"
Buzz: "Sure you will, Rex. In fact, you're a better Buzz than I am."
Rex: "But look at my little arms! I can't press the fire button and jump at the same time!"
- —Rex and Buzz, after Rex loses the video game
- Buzz: "Woody, are you all right?"
Woody: "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, Buzz. Okay, here's your list of things to do while I'm gone. Batteries need to be changed. Toys at the bottom of the chest need to be rotated. Oh, and make sure everyone attends Mr Spell's seminar on what to do if you or part of you is swallowed. Okay? Okay. Good, okay."
Buzz : "Woody, you haven't found your hat yet, have you?"
Woody: "No! And Andy's leaving for Cowboy Camp any minute, and I can't find it anywhere!"
Buzz: "Don't worry, Woody. In just a few hours, you'll be sitting around a campfire with Andy making delicious hot 'sch'moes.'"
Woody: "They're called s'mores, Buzz."
Buzz: "Right. Right. Of course."
- —Buzz and Woody, when Woody can't find his hat
- Buzz: "Hamm?"
Buzz: "Potato Head, Mr. and Mrs.?"
Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head: "Here."
Buzz: "Troikas. Check, check, check, check, check."
- —Buzz takes roll call during a yard sale
- "Oh no, he's stealing Woody!"
- —Buzz, on seeing a man steal Woody
- "Excuse me. Excuse me. A little quite please. Thank you."
- —Buzz shushes the toys during a Crime Scene Investigation
- Rex: "What are you doing, Buzz?"
Buzz: "It's some sort of message encoded on that vehicle's ID tag."
- —Rex and Buzz, while Buzz attempts to decipher the message behind LZTYBRN
- Buzz: "Etch, draw that man in the chicken suit." (Etch draws Al in a chicken suit; all toys gasp)
Rex: "It's the chicken man!"
Buzz: "That's our guy."
Hamm: "I knew there was something I didn't like about that chicken."
- —Buzz, Rex and Hamm, after Etch draws Al in a chicken suit
- Wheezy: "Mr. Buzz Lightyear, you just gotta save my pal Woody. (coughs)"
Buzz Lightyear: "I'll do my best, son."
- —Wheezy pleads for Buzz to rescue Woody
- Buzz: "We'll be back before Andy gets home."
Mrs. Potato Head: "Don't talk to any toy you don't know!"
Buzz: "To Al's Toy Barn, and beyond!"
- —Buzz and Mrs. Potato Head, as Buzz leaves on his rescue mission
- Buzz: "Good work, men. Two blocks down and only nineteen to go."
Mr. Potato Head: "Are we gonna do this all night? My parts are killing me."
Buzz: "Come on, fellas. Did Woody ever give up when Sid had me strapped to a rocket?"
Buzz: "No! And did he give up when you threw him out of the back of that moving van?"
Mr. Potato Head: "Oh, you had to bring that up."
Buzz: "No, he didn't! We have a friend in need, and we will not rest until he's safe in Andy's room! Now let's move out!"
- —Buzz Lightyear, as he reprimands the toys for requesting a rest
- Buzz: "Is everyone present and accounted for?"
Mr. Potato Head: "Not quite everyone."
Buzz: "Who's behind?"
- —Buzz ensures all the toys are present
- "Good job, troops. We're that much closer to Woody."
- —Buzz, after the toys cross the street to Al's Toy Barn
- Slinky: "Whoa, Nelly, how are we going to find Woody in this place?"
Buzz: "Look for Al. We find Al, we find Woody. Now move out!"
- —Buzz Lightyear order the toys to split up their search
- "Am I really that fat?"
- —Andy's Buzz, examining Buzz #2
- Buzz: "Ow! What are you doing?"
Buzz #2: "You're in direct violation of Code 6404.5 stating all space rangers are to be in hyper-sleep until awakened by authorized personnel."
Buzz: "Oh no."
Buzz #2: "You're breaking ranks, ranger. (opens his wrist communicator) Buzz Lightyear to Star Command: I've got an AWOL Space Ranger."
Buzz: "Tell me I wasn't this deluded."
Buzz #2: "No back talk! I have a laser, and I will use it."
Buzz: "You mean the laser that's a light bulb?" (activates the laser of Buzz #2; Buzz #2 gasps)
Buzz #2: "Has your mind been melded? You could have killed me, Space Ranger! Or should I say traitor?" (turns on laser that beams onto Buzz's forehead)
Buzz: (walks away) "I don't have time for this."
Buzz #2: (keeping his laser beam on Buzz) "Halt! I order you to halt!"
- —Andy's Buzz and Buzz #2 in their first confrontation
- Buzz: "Ow! Listen to me, listen to me, you're not really a Space Ranger, you're a toy! We're all toys! Do you hear me?"
Buzz #2: "Well, that should hold you until the Court Marshall."
Buzz: "Let me go! You don't realize what you're doing!"
- —Buzz #2 stuffs Andy's Buzz into an empty cardboard box
- "No, no, guys! You've got the wrong Buzz! You've got the wrong Buzz!"
- —Andy's Buzz, trapped in a cardboard box, as the toys take the "wrong" Buzz instead of himself
- Buzz: "Hold it right there!"
Buzz #2: "You again?"
Buzz: "Woody, thank goodness you're all right."
Woody: "Buzz, what is going on?"
Buzz #2: "Hold on! I am Buzz Lightyear, and I'm in charge of this detachment."
Buzz: "No. I'm Buzz Lightyear."
Buzz #2: "I am Buzz Lightyear!"
Buzz: "I'm Buzz Lightyear!"
Woody: "So, who's the real Buzz?"
Buzz & Buzz #2: "I AM!!"
Buzz #2: "Don't let this impostor fool you! He's been trained by Zurg himself to mimic my every move."
- —Andy's Buzz confronts Buzz #2 for the second time
- Buzz #2: "Will somebody please tell me what's going on?"
Buzz: "It's all right, Space Ranger. It's a code 546."
Buzz #2: "You mean it's a..."
Buzz #2: "And he's a..."
Buzz: "Oh, yeah."
Buzz #2: (to Woody) "Your Majesty."
- —Andy's Buzz tells Buzz #2 about "royalty"
- Buzz: "Woody, you're in danger here. We need to leave now."
Rex: "Al's selling you to a toy museum in Japan!"
Woody: "I know. It's okay, Buzz. I actually wanna go."
Hamm: "Are you crazy?"
Woody: "Look, the thing is I'm a rare Sheriff Woody doll, and these guys are my Roundup gang."
Buzz: "Woody, what are you talking about?"
Woody: "What am I talking about? Woody's Roundup! Oh, it's this great old TV show, and I was the star. (shows himself on TV to Buzz) See, now, look! Look! Look at me! See? That's me!"
Hamm: "This is weirding me out."
Woody: "Buzz, it was a national phenomenon. And there was all this merchandise that just got packed up. Oh, you should've seen it. There was a record player and a yo-yo...Buzz, I was a yo-yo!"
Mr. Potato Head: "Was?"
Buzz: "Woody, stop this nonsense, and let's go."
Woody: "Ah, Buzz. I can't go. I can't abandon these guys. They need me to get into this museum. Without me, they'll go back into storage, maybe forever!"
Buzz: "Woody you're not a collector's item; you're a child's plaything. You are A TOY!"
Woody: "For how much longer? One more rip, and Andy's done with me. And what do I do then, Buzz? Huh? You tell me."
Buzz: "Somewhere in that pad of stuffing is a toy who taught me that life's only worth living if you're being loved by a kid. And I travelled all this way to rescue that toy because I believed him."
Woody: "Well, you wasted your time." (turns away from Buzz)
Buzz: "Let's go, everyone."
Slinky: "What about Woody?"
Buzz: "He's not coming with us."
Rex: "But...but Andy's coming home tonight."
Buzz: "Then we'd better make sure we're there waiting for him. "
Woody: "I don't have a choice, Buzz. This is my only chance."
Buzz: "To do what, Woody? Watch kids from behind glass and never be loved again? Some life."
- —Buzz persuades Woody to come back home to Andy's room, but Woody decides to stay with the Roundup gang
- Woody: "Buzz!"
Buzz #2: "Yes?"
Woody: "I'm coming with you! (pause) Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I'll be back in just a second."
Buzz: "Way to go, cowboy!"
- —Woody and Buzz, as Woody calls Buzz back
- Buzz: "Okay, Woody, let's go!"
Stinky Pete: (punches Buzz off the ramp) "Take that, space toy!"
Woody: "Hey! No one does that to my friend!"
- —Buzz opens the case, but Stinky Pete punches Buzz off the ramp and Woody fights Stinky Pete for harming his friend
- Buzz: "What's a cowboy without his hat?"
- —Buzz, riding on Bullseye, catches Woody's hat
- "Nice roping, cowboy! Your hat, partner."
- —Buzz commends Woody and hands him back his hat
- Buzz (to Jessie): "Uh, ma'am? I, uh, um, well, I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful yarn full of hair. A hair full of yarn. It's ah... um... I must go."
Jessie (embraces Buzz): "Well aren't you the sweetest space toy I've ever met?"
- —Buzz Lightyear and Jessie enter a relationship together
- Buzz: "You still worried?"
Woody: "About Andy? Nah, it will be fine while it lasts."
Buzz: "I'm proud of you, cowboy."
Woody: "Besides, when all it ends, I'll have old Buzz Lightyear to keep me company for infinity and beyond."
- —Buzz and Woody, last dialogue in Toy Story 2, as they accept the fact that Andy will eventually grow up
- "Darn it, Woody!"
- —Buzz, in an outtake, after seeing "This Space For Rent" written on his wings
From Toy Story 3
- Buzz: "Glad I could catch the train!"
Woody: "Now let's catch some criminals!"
Buzz: "To infinity and beyond!"
- —Buzz, as he lifts the train, with Woody inside, out of the ravine during the Western Train Chase sequence
- "We're going in the attic now, folks. Keep your accessories with you at all times. Spare parts, batteries, anything you need for an orderly transition."
- —Buzz, during the staff meeting
- "Come on, guys. Let’s get our parts together, get ready, and go out on a high note."
- —Buzz, as the staff meeting wraps up
- "Buzz Lightyear at your service."
- —Buzz shakes hands with Sparks
- "I don't recall playtime being quite that strenuous."
- —Buzz, after experiencing a rough playtime with the toddlers of the Caterpillar Room
As Bad Buzz
- Buzz: "Prisoners disabled, Commander Lotso!"
Jessie: "Buzz? What are you doing?"
Buzz: "Silence, minions of Zurg! You’re in the custody of the Galactic Alliance!"
Mr. Potato Head: "Galactic Alliance?"
Lotso: "Good work, Lightyear. Now lock ‘em up!"
Buzz: "Yes, sir!"
- —Buzz captures Andy's toys
- Jessie: "Buzz! We're your friends!"
Buzz: "Spare me your lies, temptress! Your emperor's defeated, and I'm immune to your bewitching good looks."
- —Buzz captures Jessie
- Buzz: "Prisoners sleep in their cells. Any prisoner caught outside their cells spends the night in the box. Roll call at dusk and dawn. Any prisoner misses roll call spends the night in the box. Prisoners do not speak unless spoken to. Any prisoner talks back spends the night..."
Jessie: "In the box. We get it."
- —Buzz sets standards for the Caterpillar Room prison
- Lotso: "At ease, soldier! They’re neutralized! But remember: they’ll say anything to make you doubt yourself."
Buzz: "Don’t worry, Commander! Any doubt I had got pounded out of me at the Academy!"
- —Lotso and Buzz
- "Quiet musical hog! Knock it off!"
- —Buzz orders Hamm to be silent while the latter was playing a harmonica in a manner to western prison music
- Buzz: "Commander Lotso, Sir! All quiet! Nothing to report!"
Lotso: "Excellent, Lightyear! Come on, we need you back at Star Command!"
- —Buzz and Lotso, the day after the toys spend the night in the Caterpillar Room prison
- "Hey! Tuberous Root Man! Wake up!"
- —Buzz calls for Mr. Potato Head in his cell
- —Buzz, as he sees a real potato instead of Mr. Potato Head in his cell
- Ken: "Good work, Lightyear! Resume your, uh...Space-guy thing-y!"
Buzz: "Yes, sir, Well-Groomed Man!"
- —Ken and Buzz
- "Hey! No fighting! Break it up!"
- —Buzz tries to stop Rex and Hamm from fighting
- "Hey, you can't hit each other. That's my job!"
- —Buzz, as Rex and Hamm hits him
- "Help! Prison riot!"
- —Buzz, as he is trapped in a plastic storage bin by Rex and Hamm
- Buzz: "Help! Prison riot! Mayday! Mayday!"
Hamm: "Oh, give it up. No one can hear you."
Hamm: "I said, no one can hear you."
Rex: "He said, not one can hear--"
Hamm: "Shh-shush! Will you be quiet?"
- —Rex and Hamm tells Buzz they can't hear him
- "Star Command, I've been taken hostage by my own prisoners!"
- —Buzz, as he attempts to escape the toys
- "Unhand me, Zurg scum! The Galactic Courts will show you no mercy!"
- —Buzz, pinned down by the toys, as he tries to wrench himself free
As Spanish Buzz
- Spanish Buzz: "Bitácora Espacial... Me he despertado del hiper-sueño en un planeta extraño. (Star Log... I've awakened from hyper-sleep on a strange planet.)"
Hamm: "Now what did you do?"
Rex: "I just did what you told me!"
Spanish Buzz: "Estoy rodeado por criaturas extrañas, y desconozco sus intenciones. (I'm surrounded by alien creatures of unknown intent.) ¿Quién anda ahí? (Who goes there?) ¿Amigo? ¿O enemigo? (Friend? Or foe?)"
Woody: "Uh, amigos! We're all amigos!"
Spanish Buzz: "Me debo de haber estrellado y se me ha borrado la memoria. (I must have crash landed and had my memory erased.) ¿Han visto mi nave espacial? (Anyone seen my spaceship?)"
Woody: "We gotta switch him back."
Slinky Dog: "Well how do we do that?"
Hamm: "I don't know, that part's in Spanish."
- —Buzz, Woody, Slinky Dog, Hamm, and Rex, after Buzz springs back to life but reset in Spanish
- Woody: "We got no time for this. Come on, El Buzzo!"
Spanish Buzz: "¿Mi nave? ¿Lo encontraste? ¡Excelente! (My ship? You know where it is? Excellent!)"
- —Woody persuades Spanish Buzz to escape with him
- "¡Mi florecita del desierto! ¡Yo nunca he visto la belleza verdadera hasta esta noche! (My desert flower! I have never seen true beauty til this night!)"
- —Spanish Buzz kneels before Jessie
- "Ven conmigo, señorita. Te mostraré las maravillas de la galaxia, y juntos lucharemos contra el despiadado Zurg. (Come with me, miss. I will show you the wonders of the galaxy, and together we will fight the evil Zurg.)"
- —Spanish Buzz talks to Jessie some more
- "¡El Vaquero! (The cowboy!)"
- —Spanish Buzz, after Woody takes Jessie
- "¡Buzz Lightyear al rescate! (Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!)"
- —Buzz's catchphrase in Spanish, when activated by one of his talk buttons
- "¡Abierto! (It is open.)"
- —Spanish Buzz, after opening the trash chute
- "¿Dónde está mi nave? (Where’s my spaceship?)"
- —Spanish Buzz, after the toys go through the garbage chute
- "¡Vamos, vaquero! (Cowboy, hurry!)"
- —Spanish Buzz, as Woody rushes to help free a stuck Alien
- "¡Señorita! Señorita, ¿dónde estás?! (Miss! Miss, where are you?)"
- —Spanish Buzz, frantically searching for Jessie in a garbage truck
Back to Normal Buzz
- "That wasn't me, was it?"
- —Buzz returns to normal
- "Quick! Grab something metal!"
- —Buzz, as the toys approach the shredders
- "Buzz! What will we do?"
- —Jessie, after the toys land in a furnace
- Jessie: "Come on, Woody, We gotta get you home."
Buzz: "That's right, college boy."
Woody: "Wait, what about you guys? I mean...maybe the attic isn't such a great idea."
Jessie: "We're Andy's toys, Woody."
Buzz: "We'll be there for him. Together."
Woody: "I just hope he hasn't left yet."
- —Buzz, Jessie, and Woody, after escaping the incinerator
- "Buzz, this isn't goodbye."
- —Woody shakes hands with Buzz
- Woody: "Jessie, you'll be okay in the attic?"
Jessie: "Of course, I will. Besides, I know about Buzz's Spanish Mode."
Buzz: "My what?"
- —Jessie tells Woody about her knowledge of Spanish Buzz
- "You know where to find us, cowboy."
- —Buzz's farewell words to Woody
- Buzz: "That Barbie has some nice handwriting."
Jessie: "Uhh, Buzz? Barbie didn't write this."
- —Buzz remarks on the message, only for Jessie to pinpoint Ken's signature at the end
- Buzz: "I don't know what came over me."
Jessie: "Just go with it, Buzz."
- —Buzz and Jessie, as they dance