|Directed by:|| Bud Luckey|
|Written by:||Bud Luckey|
|Running time:||4 minutes, 40 seconds|
- This is the first theatrical short to have dialogue. To date, this and Lava are the only Pixar shorts to feature dialogue that aren't based on a pre-existing property. Indeed, the man talking on the radio in Day & Night is a recording of a speech by Dr. Wayne Dyer.
- Bud Luckey, who performed all the voices, played Rick Dicker in The Incredibles. He also worked on Sesame Street as the Alligator King in an animated short.
- In the first draft, Rick Dicker was going to sit on a chair and tell the story.
- The car that the man drives is Stanley from Cars. There is a statue of that car in the film.
- The hand that grabs the sheep belongs to the dentist from Finding Nemo.
- Also, the fish seen in this short are based on Gurgle.
- The Cars DVD and Blu-Ray contain a version of Boundin' with Mater as the Jackalope and Lightning McQueen as the lamb. Guido is also seen briefly as six groundhogs.