|Appeared in:|| Cars|
"Van and his wife Minny love to travel; the problem is they don't know where they're going. The two share a strong sense of adventure but unfortunately a stronger lack of direction, turning most of their relaxing getaways into strenuous marathons over mountainous terrain, through the desert, and past every gas station as Van would rather stall than ask for directions."
Van is Minny's husband in Cars. They both drive through Radiator Springs while Lightning McQueen is fixing the road, looking for an on-ramp leading to Interstate 40. After passing through Radiator Springs, they are lost in the middle of the desert still looking for an on-ramp.
Van and Minny reappear near the end of the second film. While Minny is mezmerized by Mater's spy story, Van does not believe one word of it until British agent Holley Shiftwell arrives to confirm it, which surprises Van a lot. Later, during the Radiator Springs Grand Prix, he watched the race. When Mater zoomed by him using his rockets, several maps flew out of Van.
- Minny and Van's names together results in "minivan", a type of car.
- Van's license plate reads "47-M4U". However, in Cars 2, his license plate reads "309GA", so it is possible that he switched license plates.
- Two versions of Van have been released in the Cars Die-Cast Line: a regular version and a chase version with his bumper sticker on the back of him.
- In Toy Story 3, what appears to be a "real life" version of Van is parked outside of Sunnyside Daycare.
- Van and his wife Minny both appear in Cars Land at the Radiator Springs Racers ride. After you almost crash into Mack, you will run into Van and Minny, who get out of the way.
- He is modeled after a 2003 Ford Windstar.
- ↑ "Cars Finder" (supplementary material on Blu Ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu Ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.