|Appeared in:||Toy Story 2|
- "No, no, guys! You've got the wrong Buzz! You've got the wrong Buzz!"
- —Andy's Buzz, trapped in a cardboard box, as Andy's toys take Utility Belt Buzz instead of himself
Utility Belt Buzz, also known as Buzz #2 and New Buzz, is a character in Toy Story 2. He is essentially another Buzz Lightyear action figure sporting a new utility belt (as seen in Buzz Lightyear: Attack on Zurg) that grants him extra features.
Toy Story 2
- "Listen to me! Listen to me! You're not really a Space Ranger! You're a toy! We're all toys! Do you hear me?!"
- —Andy's Buzz, as Utility Belt Buzz imprisons him in a cardboard box
Toy Story 3
By the time of Toy Story 3, it is unknown what has become of Utility Belt Buzz. He is referenced, however, in the Buzz Lightyear manual at Sunnyside Daycare, describing the Buzz Lightyear Utility Belt as an upcoming accessory.
Utility Belt Features
- Hamm: "Say, where'd you get that cool belt, Buzz?"
Buzz #2: "Well, slotted pig, they're standard issue."
- —Hamm asks Buzz #2 about his new utility belt
- Anti-Gravity Servo - when the button in the center of the belt is pressed, it will light up and make noises, mirroring how it was used in Buzz Lightyear: Attack on Zurg.
- Climbing Magnets - on each side of the belt, protruding handles can be pulled out and magnets will fold out of each. These magnets can be used to scale metal surfaces. In addition, a grappling hook is stored in the back compartment of the belt.
- The shot of Andy's Buzz Lightyear climbing up the display only to encounter the new Buzz Lightyear standing tall is a direct resemblance to the one of Woody climbing up Andy's bed to encounter the original Buzz standing tall in the first film.
- The part where Andy's Buzz opens the newer Buzz's helmet to make him gasp for air mirrors the part when Woody opens the original Buzz's helmet in the previous film.
- Like Andy's Buzz from the first film, this Buzz believes himself to be a real space-ranger.
- There is also a Toy Story Collection version of Utility Belt Buzz.
- In Toy Story 2: The Video Game, Utility Belt Buzz is a boss at Al's Space Land riding a moon buggy. Strangely, he doesn't have the utility belt.
- Buzz: "Ow! What are you doing?"
Buzz #2: "You're in direct violation of Code 6404.5 stating all space rangers are to be in hyper-sleep until awakened by authorized personnel."
Buzz: "Oh no."
Buzz #2: "You're breaking ranks, ranger. (opens his wrist communicator) Buzz Lightyear to Star Command: I've got an AWOL Space Ranger."
Buzz: "Tell me I wasn't this deluded."
Buzz #2: "No back talk! I have a laser, and I will use it."
Buzz: "You mean the laser that's a light bulb?" (activates the laser of Buzz #2; Buzz #2 gasps)
Buzz #2: "Has your mind been melded? You could've killed me, Space Ranger! Or should I say traitor?" (turns on laser that beams onto Buzz's forehead)
Buzz: (walks away) "I don't have time for this."
Buzz #2: (keeping his laser beam on Buzz) "Halt! I order you to halt!"
- —Andy's Buzz and Buzz #2 in their first confrontation
- Buzz: "Ow! Listen to me! Listen to me! You're not really a Space Ranger! You're a toy! We're all toys! Do you hear me?!"
Buzz #2: "Well, that should hold you until the court marshall."
Buzz: "Let me go! You don't realize what you're doing!"
- —Buzz #2 stuffs Andy's Buzz into an empty cardboard box
- Hamm: "Hey, Buzz!"
Buzz #2: "Halt! Who goes there?" (turns on laser)
Mr. Potato Head: "Quit clowning around and get in the car!"
Rex: "Buzz, Buzz, I know how to defeat Zurg!"
Buzz #2: (turns off laser) "You do?"
Rex: "Come on, I'll tell you on the way."
- —Hamm, Rex, and Mr. Potato Head call to Buzz #2
- Rex: You see, all along, we thought the way into Zurg's fortress was through the main gate, but in fact, the secret entrance is to the left, hidden in the shadows."
Buzz #2 (taking notes): "To the left in the shadows, got it."
- —Rex tells Buzz #2 some secrets he has learned from the video game manual
- Slinky: "It's him."
Hamm: "The chicken man."
Buzz #2: "Funny, he doesn't look like poultry."
Slinky: "That's the kidnapper all right."
Buzz #2: "A kidnapper...agent of Zurg if I ever saw one."
- —Buzz #2 and the toys, as Al enters his office
- "Quick, into the poultry man's cargo unit. He'll lead us to Zurg."
- —Buzz #2 motions the toys to hide in Al's bag
- Rex: "Aah! He didn't take the bag!"
Buzz #2: "No time to lose! (jumps out of the bag) He's ascending in the vertical transporter. (opens his wings) All right, everyone. Hang on, we're gonna blast through the roof."
Rex: "Uh, Buzz?"
Buzz #2: "To infinity and beyond!" (nothing happens)
Mr. Potato Head: "What are you insane? We're wasting time. (to Rex) Stand still, Godzilla."
Buzz #2: (closes his wings) "I don't understand. Somehow my fuel cells have gone dry."
- —Buzz #2 and the toys, as Al leaves his bag in his car
- "Blast! He's on level 23."
- —Buzz #2, as the elevator floor indicator at Al's apartment points to 23
- Buzz #2: "Troops, over here! Just like you've said, Lizard Man, in the shadows to the left. Okay, let's move. 'Mission log: having infiltrated enemy territory without detection, and are making our way through the bowels of Zurg's fortress.'"
Hamm: "You know, I think that Buzz aisle went to his head."
Slinky Dog: (the toys approach an intersection) "Which way do we go?"
Buzz #2: "This way."
Mr. Potato Head: "What makes you so sure?"
Buzz #2: "I'm Buzz Lightyear. I'm always sure! We've been detected. The walls! They're closing in! Quick, help me prop up vegetable man or we're done for!"
Mr. Potato Head: "Hey! Put me down, you moron!"
Rex: "Hey, guys, look! It's not the walls, it's the elevator!"
Buzz #2: "Come on, we've got no time to lose. Everyone, grab hold!"
Hamm: "Uh, Buzz, why not just take the elevator?"
Buzz #2: "They'll be expecting that!"
- —Buzz #2 leads the toys through the air vent
- Mr. Potato Head: "Hey! How much farther, Buzz?"
Buzz #2: "Halfway there."
Rex: "My arms can't hold on much longer!" (slips and pushes the toys to the end of the line)
Buzz #2: "Too...heavy...what was I thinking? My antigravity servos! (activates his antigravity servos) Hang tight, everyone. I'm going to let go of the wall."
Mr. Potato Head: "He wouldn't."
Buzz #2: "One."
Hamm: "He would."
Buzz #2: "Two."
All toys: (protest)
Buzz #2: "Three! (the toys fall, and land on the rising elevator) To infinity and beyond! Approaching destination. Reengaging gravity. (deactivates his antigravity servos) Area secure. (turns to see the toys feeling dizzy) It's okay, troops. The antigravity sickness will wear off momentarily. Now let's move."
Mr. Potato Head: "Remind me to glue his helmet shut when we get back."
- —Buzz #2 and the toys go up the elevator shaft
- Buzz #2: "Mission log: having reached Zurg's command deck, but no sign of him or his wooden captive"
Slinky Dog: (hearing Woody) "That's Woody!" (howls)
Buzz #2: "This way."
Mr. Potato Head: "Buzz, can you see? What's going on? (He pokes his eye through the vent) To the left. No, your left. Take it up higher."
Buzz #2: "What's happening?"
Mr. Potato Head: "Oh, it's...it's horrible. They're...they're torturing him."
Rex (gasps): "What are we going to do, Buzz?"
Buzz #2: "Use your head."
Rex: "But I don't wanna use my head!"
- —Buzz #2 and the toys reach Al's apartment, and use Rex as a battering ram
- Buzz: "Hold it right there!"
Buzz #2: "You again?"
Buzz: "Woody, thank goodness you're all right."
Woody: "Buzz, what is going on?"
Buzz #2: "Hold on! I am Buzz Lightyear, and I'm in charge of this detachment."
Buzz: "No. I'm Buzz Lightyear."
Buzz #2: "I am Buzz Lightyear!"
Buzz: "I'm Buzz Lightyear!"
Woody: "So, who's the real Buzz?"
Buzz & Buzz #2: "I AM!!"
Buzz #2: "Don't let this impostor fool you! He's been trained by Zurg himself to mimic my every move."
- —Andy's Buzz confronts Buzz #2 for the second time
- Buzz #2: "Will somebody please tell me what's going on?"
Buzz: "It's all right, Space Ranger. It's a code 546."
Buzz #2: "You mean it's a..."
Buzz #2: "And he's a..."
Buzz: "Oh, yeah."
Buzz #2: (to Woody) "Your Majesty."
- —Andy's Buzz tells Buzz #2 about "royalty"
- Zurg: "Surrender, Buzz Lightyear. I have won!"
Buzz #2: "I'll never give in. You killed my father!"
Zurg: "No, Buzz. I am your father."
Buzz #2: "NO!!!"
- —Emperor Zurg and Buzz #2, as they fight
- Buzz #2: "I got it!"
Buzz: "Buzz, are you coming?"
Buzz #2: "No, I...I have a lot of catchin' up to do with my dad. (throws the ball back at Zurg)"
Zurg (ball hits him on his head): "Good throw, son. That's my boy. Go long, Buzzy! (fires another ball)"
Buzz #2: "Oh, you're a great dad! Yippee!"
- —Andy's Buzz runs into Buzz #2, who is playing catch with Zurg