|Appeared in:||Toy Story 2|
- "I'm Tour Guide Barbie."
- —Tour Guide Barbie introduces herself
Tour Guide Barbie is a supporting character in Toy Story 2.
Toy Story 2
When Hamm, Mr. Potato Head, Rex, and Slinky Dog are lost, they drive by the pink aisle where she and all the other Barbies are partying in. As Hamm asks the Barbies for advice, Tour Guide Barbie votes to volunteer as she jumps into the car that they are driving and gives a tour around Al's Toy Barn. She is implied to be a Polygot, or at least bilingual, as she tells Rex in both English and Spanish to remain in the car after Rex disembarked from the car (to catch the manual for the video game Buzz Lightyear: Attack on Zurg), and, in a similar fashion to a scene in Jurassic Park, chased it down to get back in. Then she drives the toys into the Buzz Lightyear aisle, where they pick up the Utility Belt Buzz, not knowing that the real Buzz was tied up and imprisoned in a cardboard box sitting on the shelf. She then continues the tour with the toys, leaving the real Buzz behind.
She later appears at the end of the outtakes, saying goodbye to the audience. After it's done, she complains about how smiling hurts her cheeks.
- Tour Guide Barbie is the first instance of a toy briefly switching it's language from English to Spanish, which Buzz would eventually do when he became Spanish Buzz in Toy Story 3. However, in the Spanish version of the film, she repeats the statement in French.
- Tour Guide Barbie's statement about retailers not ordering enough Buzz Lightyear dolls to meet demand is an in-joke and a fact. Because the toy sellers underestimated the box office performance of the original Toy Story when it was released in 1995, they did not order enough dolls to keep up with demand.
- Hamm: "Excuse me, ladies. Does anyone know where we might find the Al of Al's Toy Barn?"
Tour Guide Barbie: "I can help."
- —Hamm asks the Barbies, and Tour Guide Barbie volunteers to help the toys
- "Please keep your hands, arms, and accessories inside the car and no flash photography. Thank you."
- —Tour Guide Barbie, before taking the toys on a tour around Al's Toy Barn
- "To our right is the Hot Wheels aisle. Developed in 1967, the original series had 16 cars, including the Corvette."
- —Tour Guide Barbie drives the toys into the Hot Wheels aisle
- Slinky: "I beg your pardon, ma'am, but where's Al's office?"
Tour Guide Barbie: "Please hold all questions until the end of the tour. Thank you."
- —Slinky asks Tour Guide Barbie a question
- "Remain seated, please. Permanecen sentados, por favor."
- —Tour Guide Barbie, after Rex jumps back into the car
- "And this is the Buzz Lightyear aisle. Back in 1995, short-sighted retailers did not order enough dolls to meet demand."
- —Tour Guide Barbie drives the toys into the Buzz Lightyear aisle
- "We are so glad you came. Bye-bye. Bye-bye. Bye-bye. Bye-bye now. Bye. Bye-bye. Remember, please discard all candy wrappers and popcorn containers in the nearest trash receptacle. Thank you. Okay, bye-bye now. Bye-bye. Bye. Okay. Are they all gone? Is every -- is everybody gone? Huh? Good. Oh, my gosh, my cheeks are killing me. I can't keep smiling like this anymore. I am exhausted. I think I need a break. A little break? Okay. Whew!"
- —Tour Guide Barbie's monologue after the film outtakes