- "Oh, number 7 is loose! Shu Todoroki!"
- —Brent Mustangburger after Shu Todoroki's engine blows up.
|Appeared in:||Cars 2|
Shu Todoroki is a character in Cars 2.
Shu Todoroki is a Le Motor Prototype racer representing Japan and bearing #7 in the World Grand Prix. Shu was raised at the base of the active Mount Asama volcano in Japan, and soon became a champion on the Suzuka Circuit. His sleek design sports a fiery red Ka-Riu dragon, which Shu borrowed from Japanese legend because he relates to the small, yet fierce nature of the dragon. His team legacy is filled with victories – his coach, a Mazda, was the only Japanese car to ever win at Le Mans – and Shu hopes to prove his champion-level skills by racing on the international stage of the World Grand Prix.
He participated in the three World Grand Prix races and in the Radiator Springs Grand Prix. Shu revealed himself to be one of the best racers in the competition. He finished in fourth place in the Tokyo race, and kept that position most of the time in the other two races. In the Porto Corsa race, he was one of three cars whose engines exploded. He violently enters into a collision with Miguel Camino, and Max Schnell hits them both. They eventually hit and pileup. However, he was able to recover and participate in the final race in London. In that race, his pit was between Francesco's and Miguel Camino's.
- Top Speed: 203 mph
- Zero – 60 mph: 3.0 seconds
- Engine Type: 6.0-liter, naturally aspirated V-12
- Horsepower: 700
- Hometown: Mount Asama, Japan
- Shu Todoroki's coach, mentioned in his backstory, alludes to the Mazda 787B, who won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1991, and remains the only Japanese car to date to have won this competition.
- Shu's pit crew chief is Mach Matsuo.
- He resembles a Dome S102.
- Shu's Mattel diecast of the pit launchers and the rubber tires are shown to not have the black bumper on him, although the singles version of him has the black bumper.
- Before it ended, you could buy the Ka-Riu dragon costume in Ramone's House of Body Art in The World of Cars Online.