|Appeared in:||Cars 2|
"Professor Z, aka “The Professor,” is an internationally-wanted weapons designer in a small, sophisticated German package. He is a brilliant but mad monocle-wearing scientist who is plotting to sabotage the World Grand Prix. Though his true motive is unclear, Professor Z is willing to do whatever it takes to eliminate all obstacles and keep the “project” on schedule."
During the film, it is learned that the Professor is not the main villain nor is he the leader of the lemon cars. As it turns out, he is actually working for WGP creator Sir Miles Axlerod. Since Professor Z is a scientist, Miles Axlerod has him invent an electromagnetic pulse device, which is disguised as a World Grand Prix camera, to use on the racers that use the gas Allinol. This was all part of a plan to turn the world against alternative energy and have all cars rely on gasoline, bringing profits to the lemon cars and himself due to the fact that they own the largest untapped oil reserves in the world.
It turns out that Professor Zündapp and Axlerod engineered Allinol not as alternative energy, but actually made it from gasoline that would explode upon being in contact with the electromagnetic pulse.
Professor Z is evil, as noted by his attempt to sabotage the World Grand Prix. Several bios state that he is also a mad scientist.
- Hometown: Baden-Baden, Germany
- Top Speed: 50 mph (55 downhill)
- 0 - 50 mph: 12 seconds
- Engine Type: 2-stroke single cylinder 250 cc
- Horsepower: 14
- He is modeled as a 1957 Zündapp Janus (as his name suggests), a micro-car in which back passengers sit facing backwards.
- His license plate is BAD GA 58, which appears to be a pun on "bad guy". The 58 is one of the years the Zündapp Janus was made (1957-1958).
- In a deleted scene, Miles Axlerod gave him the C4 Bomb to put on Mater.
- When he opened the door to the lemons' meeting, he said "Guten Tag." Guten Tag is German for "Good day."
- Also, another German word he said is "Wunderbar" when he is informed by Grem that Finn McMissile is "dead". Wunderbar is a German word for "marvelous", "terrific" or "wonderful".
- Professor Z appears to have a severely damaged roof rack, which gives him the appearance of a comb over.
- Along with Grem, Acer, Miles Axlerod and Victor Hugo, Professor Z is playable in Cars 2: The Video Game, even though they are villains. However, it could be that, along with the tracks, they are part of the simulation.
- Professor Z for some reason is always referred by his real name only by Finn McMissile. However, McMissile refers to him as "Professor Z" in the cutscene of the start of Cars 2: The Video Game. And although McMissile and his voice actor Michael Caine are British, McMissile pronounces the "Z" in Zündapp's name in the American way ("Z" in American is pronounced "zee" while in Britain is pronounced "zaid"). However, it could be that the "Z" in his name is always pronounced "zee" even in Britain (when referring to Professor Z) in that cutscene. However, it could be that all people pronounce the "Z" in his name the American way. Also, although Professor Z pronounces "missile" in the British way (miss-i-all), he pronounces "can't" in the American way.
- "Give it up, McMissile!!"
- "It's Finn McMissile! He's seen the camera! Kill him!"
- "With Finn McMissile gone, who can stop us now?"
- "The project is still on schedule. You will find the second agent and kill him."
- Professor Z: "Guten Tag."
Tubbs Pacer: "Ah, it's just the professor."
Victor Hugo: "Zündapp! When is he coming?"
Professor Z: "He's already here."
- —Professor Z arrives at the lemons' meeting.
- Big Boss: ". . .till Lightning McQueen is dead!"
Professor Z: "Of course." (phone call ends) "Allinol must be finished for good. McQueen cannot win the last race. Lightning McQueen must be killed!"
Mater: "No!" (his Ivan disguise turns off)
Professor Z: "It's the American spy!"
- —Professor Z plans to kill McQueen.
- Mater: "Let me go!"
Professor Z: "You actually care about that race car. A pity you didn't warn him in time."
- —Mater gets tied up and put in the lemons' truck.
- Professor Z: "You! Why didn't my death ray kill you?!"
Lightning McQueen: "Death ray?!"
Finn McMissile: "Turn off the bomb, Zündapp!"
Professor Z: "Are you all so dense? It's voice-activated. Everything is voice-activated these days."
Mater: "Deactivate! Deactivate!"
Bomb: "Voice denied." (the bomb activates to explode in 5 minutes)
Professor Z: "Oops! Did I forget to mention that it can only be disarmed by the one who activated it?"
Holley Shiftwell: (unfolds her shock guns) "Say it!"
Professor Z: "Deactivate."
Bomb: "Voice denied." (a minute was taken off the timer)
Professor Z: "I'm not the one who activated it. Would anyone else like to try?" (gets shocked by Holley's shock guns) "Ah!"
Finn McMissile: "You read my mind."
Holley Shiftwell: "He was getting on my nerves."
- —Lightning, Mater, Finn and Holley force Professor Z to deactivate the bomb.