- The truck has a yellow coat of paint overall, although it is usually quite faded and peeling. The hatch on top is white, and the rear bumper is a dark gray.
- The interior seats are a light brownish color.
- Most Pizza Planet trucks use a manual, or stick-shift, transmission.
- Its license plate number in all three Toy Story films is RES1536.
- There is a bumper sticker on the rear bumper that reads "How's my driving? Ha ha ha ha ha!" From a distance, this appears to be a "How's my driving? Call this number to report me" message.
- On the camper shell's glass is a small sticker which reads "KRAT FM". This is a reference to a Pixar employee named Tia Kratter.
- Additionally, the camper shell's glass also has an even smaller circular sticker which has a "55" crossed out by a red "no" symbol.
- The back of the truck reads "YO", which, in combination with its overall appearance, shows strong evidence that the truck is in fact a Toyota (ToYOta) (possibly Hilux model) truck.
- In Toy Story 2, the Toyota issue is averted by the truck's owner's manual, which states that it is a 1978 "Gyoza" model.
- The gas cap is on the truck's left side.
- The exhaust pipe is on the truck's right side.
- The radio antenna is on the right side, at the front.
- There is a red and white plastic "Pizza Planet" rocket on the top of the truck. This is what Woody uses to convince Buzz that he's found a spaceship.
- The camper shell has five windows: two rounded ovular ones toward the front, two rounded rectangular ones toward the back, and one opening window on the back (which Woody climbs through).
- Heavy rock music is playing on the radio the majority of the time.
Inside the truck
The inside of this truck has first appeared in the first Toy Story film. Buzz Lightyear decides to go into the cockpit while Sheriff Woody decides to go into the cargo. In there are empty soda cans, a brown tool box, some cups and a food container. When the truck goes uphill, all these items begin to roll and slide.
- The Pizza Planet truck appears in every Pixar film except The Incredibles.
- WALL•E is the only film in which the truck's engine can be seen.
- The LEGO Group made a Lego version of the truck called the Lego Pizza Planet Truck.
- In every Toy Story movie, the truck has been used by toys for transport. Toys who have used the truck are Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Rex, Slinky, Hamm, Mr. Potato Head, the Aliens, Lotso, Big Baby and Chuckles.
- When Hamm is reading the truck's owner's manual in Toy Story 2, he remarks, "I seriously doubt he's getting this kind of mileage." It is unclear whether he is referring to the way he thinks that particular truck's owner drives, or the way that Buzz, Slinky, Mr. Potato Head, and Rex are currently navigating/driving the truck.
- He might also be commenting on the vehicle's printed MPG figures, insinuating that they are a rosy overestimation by the manufacturer and therefore suspect.
- The truck is in the Toy Story 3: The Video Game PSP version in the last level.
- Toy Story 3 is the only movie to date to make the headlights and the plastic rocket to light up.
- The Cars films, Up, and Monsters University are the only Pixar films where the truck is drawn in a stylized manner.
- The truck is an unlockable vehicle in Disney INFINITY via a Power Disc.
From Toy Story
- Woody: "Buzz! Buzz, come back!"
Buzz: "Go away!"
Woody: "No! Buzz, you gotta come back! I...I found a spaceship! It's a spaceship, Buzz!"
- —Woody labels the Pizza Planet truck as a spaceship in order to call Buzz Lightyear back
- Buzz: "Now, you're sure this space freighter will return to its port of origin once it jettisons its food supply?"
Woody: "Uh-huh. And when we get there, we'll be able to find a way to transport you home."
Buzz: "Well, then, let's climb aboard."
Woody: "No, no, no, wait, Buzz! Buzz! Let's get in the back! No one will see us there."
Buzz: "Negative! There are no restraining harnesses in the cargo area. We'll be much safer in the cockpit."
Woody: "Yeah, bu... Buzz! Buzz!" (pause) "Buzz!" (to himself) "'It's safer in the cockpit than the cargo bay.' What an idiot!"
- —Woody and Buzz Lightyear, as they discuss how they will hitch a ride in a Pizza Planet truck
From Toy Story 2
- Rex: "How are we going to get him now?"
Mr. Potato Head "Pizza anyone?"
- —Rex and Mr. Potato Head, as Mr. Potato Head spots an idling Pizza Planet truck nearby
- "Oh, I seriously doubt he's getting this kind of mileage."
- —Hamm, reading the manual of the truck
- "Guys, we can't park here; it's the white zone!"
- —Rex, after the toys stop the truck at the airport