|Appeared in:||A Bug's Life|
- "Lieutenant Gypsy, reporting for duty."
Gypsy is a gypsy moth with a colorful pattern on both of her wings. She is Manny's wife, as well as his "lovely assistant." She works at the circus as part of her husband's magic act. According to P.T. Flea, they are the best circus act. After the troupe is fired, they go to Ant Island with Flik, mistaking him for a talent scout. When they find out that Flik hired them to kill grasshoppers, Gypsy and her fellow bugs attempt to leave, but they are suddenly attacked by a bird. Gypsy participates in the rescue of Dot and Francis: she, Slim, and Heimlich distract the bird while the others rescue Dot and Francis.
After the rescue, Gypsy and her friends agree to stay and help Flik in the construction of the artificial bird to scare away the grasshoppers. Gypsy also participates in the final battle against the grasshoppers. She gives the signal for Flik's fake bird plan to commence when the plan to rescue the Queen is in session. During this, Manny does his magic act, and Gypsy takes the place of the Queen as if to be a transformation in his Chinese Cabinet.
At the end of the film, the circus bugs thank Flik and leave the island, promising to return next spring.
Gypsy is very kind as heard in most of her speaking lines. She is also very brave when she was luring the bird away from Heimlich and during the circus performance for the grasshoppers. Furthermore, she is very defensive as shown while she was protecting her husband Manny when the grasshoppers began to get suspicious. She may be a little sensitive to gore and violence, which was shown when the ant kids made a mural of the warrior bugs defeating the grasshoppers.
- Gypsy's feet are shown to be shaped like high-heels.
- Out of all the circus bugs, Gypsy seems to have the least number of lines throughout the film.
- Gypsys wings have shown to stun people. The first time she showed them to the ants, which made them gasp: second was when she used them to distract the bird while rescuing Dot; and third was when she stunned the grasshoppers, while Flik was trying to save the Queen from Hopper.
- Gyspy is Madeline Kahn's last animated kids' character before her death in 1999.