|Appeared in:|| Cars|
A southern gentleman and ex-Piston Cup champion, Darrell knows what it takes to win. He's in the booth with Bob Cutlass for every major Cup event, calling the play-by-play and adding humor and personality to the commentary. But when the flag drops, he's all business, that is until he shouts his signature, "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity! Let's go racing boys!"
Darrell Cartrip is a legendary multi-Piston Cup champion turned beloved racing announcer. The Kentucky-born #17 Chevrolet Monte Carlo is known for his wild color commentary, delighting Piston Cup fans with his humor, charisma and signature catch phrases—"Boogity, Boogity, Boogity! Let's go racin' boys!" He’s spent years on the track, in the pits and in the grease, and he’ll tell you all about it. This American Southern gentleman knows what it takes to win, and plans to bring that fervent expertise to calling the World Grand Prix.
- Darrell is based on the real life NASCAR Champion driver Darrell Waltrip, who currently works as a television race commentator for Fox Broadcasting and Speed TV.
- Darrell is modeled after a 1977 Monte Carlo, which Waltrip used that year.
- Darrell's diecast is light gray, which differs from his appearance in the films, where he is of a solid blue color tone.
- On the back of the the Die-Cast toy reads DWstore.com, which is real website selling Darrell Waltrip-related merchandise such as t-shirts. Surprisingly enough, the inscription is visible on Darrell Cartrip himself in Cars 2, despite it being a real-world reference to Darrell Waltrip.
- Darrell Cartrip doesn't know Mater in Cars 2, even though he does in Cars: The Video Game.
- Bob Cutlass: "Welcome back to the Dinoco 400. I'm Bob Cutlass, here with my good friend, Darrell Cartrip. We're midway through what may turn out to be an historic day for racing."
Darrell Cartrip: "Bob, my oil pressure's through the roof right now. If this gets any more exciting, they're gonna have to tow me outta the booth!"
Bob Cutlass: "Right you are, Darrell. Three cars are tied for the season points lead, heading into the final race of the season. And the winner of this race Darrell, will win the season title and, the Piston Cup. Does The King, Strip Weathers, have one more victory in him before retirement?"
Darrell Cartrip: "He's been Dinoco's golden boy for years! Can he win them one last Piston Cup?"
Bob Cutlass: "And, as always, in the second place spot we find Chick Hicks. He's been chasing that tailfin his entire career."
Darrell Cartrip: "Chick thought this was his year, Bob. His chance to finally emerge from The King's shadow. But the last thing he expected was...Lightning McQueen!"
Bob Cutlass: "You know, I don't think anybody expected this. The rookie sensation came into the season unknown. But everyone knows him now."
Darrell Cartrip: "Will he be the first rookie to win a Piston Cup and land Dinoco?"
Bob Cutlass: "The legend, the runner up, and the rookie! Three cars, one champion!"
- —Bob Cutlass and Darrell Cartrip
From Cars 2
- Brent Mustangburger: "Lightning McQueen loses in the last lap to Francesco Bernoulli in the first race of the World Grand Prix. And 3 - count 'em - 3 cars flamed out leaving some to suggest that their fuel, Allinol, might be to blame."
Miles Axlerod: "Allinol is safe! Alternative fuel is safe! There is no way my fuel caused these cars to flame out!"
Darrell Cartrip: "Well, the jury may still be out on whether Allinol caused these accidents, but one thing's for sure, Lightning McQueen blew this race!"
Brent Mustangburger: "Team McQueen can't be happy right now."
- —Brent Mustangburger, Darrell Cartrip, and David Hobbscap do the announcements after the race in Tokyo.
- ↑ "Cars Finder" (supplementary material on Blu Ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu Ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.