- "Buzz Lightyear! The world's greatest superhero, now the world's greatest toy!"
- —A quote from the Buzz Lightyear commercial
Being chased by Sid's dog Scud, Buzz ducks into a room where Mr. Phillips is seen sleeping on a La-Z-Boy, the sight that makes Scud back away. As Buzz sighs in relief, he hears a voice "reporting" from Star Command calling for Buzz. Thinking he can finally rendezvous with Star Command, he opens his wrist communicator, but hears a child's voice representing a responding Buzz Lightyear, then he looks up to see that the voice is actually coming from a TV in which a commercial is airing. A series of features on a Buzz Lightyear action figure is then screened on the TV, such as the locking wrist communicator, karate-chop action, pulsating laser light, multi-phrase voice simulator, and high-pressure space wings. A message saying "NOT A FLYING TOY" is then displayed, making Buzz realize for the first time that he is just a toy, to his dismay.The commercial closes with the announcement of the Buzz Lightyear action figures available at all Al's Toy Barn outlets in the Tri-County Area.
- In Up, the Grape Soda trademark on the "Ellie Badge" is the same as the one printed on the cans in the Buzz Lightyear commercial.
- The commercial appears to precede a televised bowling tournament (as seen on the reflection of the TV monitor seen on Buzz's helmet) that Mr. Phillips appears to be watching.
- This is a special feature on the Toy Story 10th anniversary DVD.
- In the commercial, it says that the Buzz Lightyear toys are sold at Al's Toy Barn, which is one of the locations in Toy Story 2.