Bob Peterson (born January 18, 1961 in Wooster, Ohio) is an animator, screenwriter, director and voice actor. Prior to coming to Pixar he worked as a technical director. He was hired by Roger Gould in 1994 and started as an animator for commercials. He then became an animator on Toy Story. Peterson was nominated for an Oscar for his screenplay for Finding Nemo. Bob is a co-director and the writer of Up. He also performed the voices of Roz in Monsters, Inc., Mr. Ray in Finding Nemo, Dug and Alpha in Up, and the Janitor in Toy Story 3. Peterson was set to make his feature film directorial debut in The Good Dinosaur, set to be released on May 30, 2014, but in August 2013 it was announced that he had been removed from the project.
Bob Peterson was born in January of 1961, in Wooster, Ohio. He received his undergraduate degree from Ohio Northern University, and a Master's degree in mechanical engineering from Purdue University in 1986. While attending Purdue, he wrote and illustrated the comic strip Loco Motives. Prior to coming to Pixar, Peterson worked at Wavefront Technologies and Rezn8 Productions.
Peterson is married with 3 children, Ann, Matt and Julia. He also has 2 dogs, a German Shepherd named Rosy and a tiny Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Ava.
- Toy Story (1995): Additional animation, additional layout artist
- Geri's Game (1997): Voice of Geri
- A Bug's Life (1998): Story artist
- Toy Story 2 (1999): Story artist
- Monsters, Inc. (2001): Story supervisor, additional story material, voice of Roz
- Finding Nemo (2003): Writer (screenplay), voice of Mr. Ray, additional voices
- Exploring the Reef (2003): Writer
- The Incredibles (2004): Additional voices
- Up (2009): Co-writer, co-Director, voice of Dug and Alpha
- Dug's Special Mission (2009): Voice of Dug and Alpha
- George and A.J. (2009): Voice of Dug
- Toy Story 3 (2010): Voice of Mr. Tony, uncredited voice of high pitched Chuckles
- Monsters University (2013): Voice of Roz
- The Good Dinosaur (2015): Director, Writer