- "The jewel of the BnL fleet."
- —Axiom Ad Campaign
Regardless, the Axiom automated computer system continued to send out probe ships in hopes that Earth would one day be habitable again. During the course of the film's events, one such ship deposits an EVE probe on Earth, and is successful in finding an example of positive plant life. It was launched in 2105, during the extensive decolonization of Earth, expecting to return five years later until Buy n Large deemed Earth to be uninhabitable and Shelby Forthright ordered all Autopilots to follow Directive A-113 which was to stay in space and not return to Earth.
Seven hundred years later, a probe ship carrying an EVE unit came back positive with a plant, proving that Earth is habitable again. According to instructions left by Shelby Forthright, the plant is to be placed in the ship's holo-detector to make an automated hyperjump back to Earth.
It is stated in Captaining the Axiom that the Axiom is a second generation, general dynamics, type 3 hulk configuration made of a patented nuclear-embedded positronium alloy. There are also sixteen restrooms, all with a section for women and men. Super luminal starflight is achieved by independently articulated flick and flare booster mass-drivers. There are half a million automated BNL hospitality units aboard the Axiom.
- The literal meaning of the word "Axiom" is something that is taken for granted, reflecting on the population of the Axiom's over-indulgent lifestyle.
- According to "Captaining the Axiom"—a command orientation video shown to captains on their first day—the Axiom operates on a 25-hour day, and was located in the Kuiper Belt.
- When WALL-E first sees the Axiom, it is located behind the Horsehead Nebula.
- Commanding officers:
- It is possible that the Axiom was used for other Space Tours before the Operation Cleanup. That because in the scene when the Captain is told about directive A113, the message screen shows messages sent before 2105 which is the year when the exodus of the Earth population began.